Forum

Author Topic: Vertical Datum is unavailable - DHHN2016  (Read 1786 times)

Tobias.B

• View Profile
Vertical Datum is unavailable - DHHN2016
« on: March 11, 2022, 08:42:15 PM »
Hello,
I am trying to convert cameras to ETRS89 / UTM zone 32N with "Deutsches Hoehenhauptnet 2016" as vertical datum. Therefore I got the GCG2016 file from BKG for whole Germany and imported is as geoid according to https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000148332-how-to-use-height-above-geoid-for-the-coordinate-system.
Importing was not the problem. I can convert my cameras as to the custom coordinat system as well. But when i import my GCP-Markers (same coordinate system) the "Error: Vertical datum out of range" appears. I read several threads in this forum about similar problems but was not successfull in solving this problem.   

It my be connected to an error that appears on startup of Metashape (see screenshot) but as i understood that the important files are saved to  \Users\Brehm\AppData\Local\Agisoft\Metashape Pro\geoids this should not really be the problem...

Can anybody help? It's pretty frustrating as i spent the whole day on trying...

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Vertical Datum is unavailable - DHHN2016
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 05:30:11 AM »
Hello Tobias,

I sent you a PM requesting some additionnal info. Since GCG2016 geoid is paid product from BKG, I downloaded the testdaten and created the geoid over this test area and as you can see, placing 2 markers I get correct geoid height as compared with value extracted straight from tif file in GM....

PS.  if you have previous geoids referenced to same vertical datum (DHHN 2016), this may be the problem. I had a geoid over NW Deutschland (GCG2016_NW_Originalaufloesung_clp.tif) and for my Testdaten geoid over Ostdeutschland near Poland to work, I had to move the previous geoid out of geoids folder. So as  to avoid conflict. see 2nd attachment
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 06:29:22 PM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor