Forum

Author Topic: 1.7.4 Point Cloud Variance  (Read 6248 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: 1.7.4 Point Cloud Variance
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2022, 03:20:40 PM »
Hello maurello,

I mean that for the project which is based on multiple poorly connected components it may be impossible to estimate the tie point variance. However, you can try to use gradual selection filters, if you need to clean up some outliers.

And you are correct, that resetting the alignment will result in some missing parts of the final model, so probably you shouldn't sacrifice the alignment in order to get variance calculation working for one or two major alignment components.

But also please note that the cameras with just a few valid tie points will not be used for the depth maps generation procedure, and if there are clusters of such cameras, you may still observe poorly reconstructed geometry in the related area or even the holes in the model.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

maurello

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2022, 10:53:40 PM »
I tried again. No luck. I do not get point variance in this project. What am I doing wrong?

maurello

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 09:56:49 PM »
I am lost with this. I tried to realign the whole project. Still do not get any point cloud variance. I do not understand how you manage to get it. Deleting camera groups won’t help me, I need them all to be able to create the whole model.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 12:17:31 PM »
Hello maurello,

If there are multiple poorly connected components in the alignment (with few valid tie points connecting them) variance estimation wouldn't be possible.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

maurello

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
Hello maurello,

If there are multiple poorly connected components in the alignment (with few valid tie points connecting them) variance estimation wouldn't be possible.

Clear. My lesson learnt here is that I should select the source frames better to cover the whole object. Now I tried to restart from zero and recreate frames (from video).
I come across another problem when trying to run a camera optimization for point cloud variance.

I get this error in red details window during the optmization:

Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn't match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x6000037e2640> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
Back buffer dpr of 1 doesn't match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x6000037e2640> contents scale of 2 - updating layer to match.

What does it mean?