Forum

Author Topic: Frustrated with registration support. Thinking of switching  (Read 1847 times)

Super_Saffer

• View Profile
I'm hoping that posting here will provide better results than emails. I'm frustrated to the point of considering pirated software or an alternative such as Pix4D.

I had a hardware issue with my PC, and formatted it after replacing the GPU. I deregistered the licence properly, and activated it again after reinstalling. Unfortunately I had another issue and the stupid windows startup repairs wiped my HDD, and the activated license. Very frustrating. I've emailed support to get it opened up again but I'm just been given the run around. It's an edu licence, and I've traveled, work and studied at a few different places the last few years. I've always had my Gmail account registered because of this, but now this isn't good enough any more. I emailed from my current email address after being asked by support but now the school has blocked contact with RUS servers. I assume because of the war.

Support also previously sent me instructions to get information on my PC to do a manual activation, but the steps didn't work.

So now I'm stuck. I'm getting a lot of pressure to move away from Russian software, and this really isn't helping.

Cmon support. I'm trying here....

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated with registration support. Thinking of switching
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 08:05:55 PM »
I'm hoping that posting here will provide better results than emails. I'm frustrated to the point of considering pirated software or an alternative such as Pix4D.

I had a hardware issue with my PC, and formatted it after replacing the GPU. I deregistered the licence properly, and activated it again after reinstalling. Unfortunately I had another issue and the stupid windows startup repairs wiped my HDD, and the activated license. Very frustrating. I've emailed support to get it opened up again but I'm just been given the run around. It's an edu licence, and I've traveled, work and studied at a few different places the last few years. I've always had my Gmail account registered because of this, but now this isn't good enough any more. I emailed from my current email address after being asked by support but now the school has blocked contact with RUS servers. I assume because of the war.

Support also previously sent me instructions to get information on my PC to do a manual activation, but the steps didn't work.

So now I'm stuck. I'm getting a lot of pressure to move away from Russian software, and this really isn't helping.

Hello Super_Saffer,

I have checked your support ticket and have revoked the license activation for your key, so that you are able to re-activate Metashape Pro license with the same key.

However, please note that you should deactivate the license before applying any changes to the system, such as hardware components replacement or OS re-install/upgrade. Metashape Professional is using activation system developed by Reprise Software company, and the activation is using hardware specification to lock the license to the certain machine and validate the license each time Metashape is started. I haven't found the offline request attached to any response in the helpdesk ticket thread, so it wasn't possible to perform a manual activation.

As for the other comments, I don't think that our support team should be blamed for the accidental HDD formatting, initiated by Windows for some reason, or by blacklisting of Russia-based email servers by your school IT department. We need to validate the owner of the educational license, thus it seems to be understandable that our team has requested to contact from the registered email address. I will add an additional record to the license order with your alternative email address, just in case this information will be required again.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC