Forum

Author Topic: Align Chunks by Camera 'threshold'  (Read 3949 times)

Infinite

• View Profile
Align Chunks by Camera 'threshold'
« on: August 06, 2013, 08:50:34 PM »
Hi,

I have a suggestion for a user setting to define Align Chunks by Camera 'threshold'.

I often find when aligning chunks by camera using a master chunk that some scenes that have maybe 1-5 bad camera alignments (not seeing enough points and being in a random location during alignment phase) can effect the overall average alignment, normally they have to either be deleted or camera reset and restart the align chunks by camera procedure again.. It would be good to set a 'threshold' or distance between cameras. So when Photoscan does it's align chunks by camera calculation, any cameras that are outside of that threshold or distance are ignored and thus don't impact the overall average alignment.

Lee

tincansassoc

• View Profile
Re: Align Chunks by Camera 'threshold'
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:19:44 AM »
+1

This sounds like a good idea for turntable setup as well. This could reduce the chance of alignment errors  when flipping an object over while doing a turntable scan. Occasionally a spherical scan will result in a single hemisphere alignment. Sometimes a significant number of images will all align in exactly the same location and become useless. Typically that problem can be fixed by removing bad images or by adding more photos to increase coverage. However, I believe a threshold feature could possibly allow photoscan to "double check" images that are not within threshold range.