Forum

Author Topic: How to register/localize new images into an existing reconstruction  (Read 1450 times)

jianwang

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I want to know how to register/localize new images into an existing reconstruction?

This is a provided function in the COLMAP, however, I don't know if it is available in the Metashape.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello jianwang,

Please check, if Incremental Image Alignment section on page 34 of Metashape Pro manual (https://www.agisoft.com/pdf/metashape-pro_1_8_en.pdf) describes the feature that you are looking for.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jianwang

• View Profile
Hello Alexey,

I am sorry that this is not something I want...

I have 500 images for reconstructing a mesh and I have extra 10k images which I want to register. I just want to obtain the camera poses of the extra 10k images.

It seems that "Incremental Image Alignment" tries to align inside those 10k images, which is extremely slow and causes out of memory failures.

Is it possible to just detect the features from the extra 10k images and align them with the 500 images?

Thanks!

JianWang

Vladimir Denisov

• View Profile
Hello Alexey,

I am sorry that this is not something I want...

I have 500 images for reconstructing a mesh and I have extra 10k images which I want to register. I just want to obtain the camera poses of the extra 10k images.

It seems that "Incremental Image Alignment" tries to align inside those 10k images, which is extremely slow and causes out of memory failures.

Is it possible to just detect the features from the extra 10k images and align them with the 500 images?

Thanks!

JianWang

Possible.
You can align those 10k images by parts of 1k or 2k images with incremental alignment.