Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Optimization for CPU's that have more than 8 cores  (Read 1552 times)

carligon2012

• View Profile
Hello everyone, I hope you are well. As we already know, the recommendations of the official agisoft website have told us that to have a very good performance in processing time our CPU must have from 6 to 24 cores, but we already know that many cores in metashape do not help much, they do the opposite. comparing them with CPU'S with less cores. I want to know if someone who has version 1.8.3 and a processor with more than 12 cores has noticed any improvement in processing time, if you could share that information I would greatly appreciate it.

carligon2012

• View Profile
Agisoft Optimization for CPU's that have more than 8 cores
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 09:43:51 AM »
Hello everyone, I hope you are well. As we already know, the recommendations of the official agisoft website have told us that to have a very good performance in processing time our CPU must have from 6 to 24 cores, but we already know that many cores in metashape do not help much, they do the opposite. comparing them with CPU'S with less cores. I want to know if someone who has version 1.8.3 and a processor with more than 12 cores has noticed any improvement in processing time, if you could share that information I would greatly appreciate it.

Bzuco

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Optimization for CPU's that have more than 8 cores
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 02:54:33 PM »
These subtasks have no problem utilize 16c32t, 24c48t even 32c64t CPUs:
-estimating camera locations
-generating depth maps
-generating dense point cloud(filtering depth maps)
...other tasks are done on GPU or are single threaded

If you see some slowness or no time improvement in any subtask, then it is probably caused by insufficient disk read speeds.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:58:37 PM by Bzuco »