Forum

Author Topic: False point cloud generation and/or not all points showing in model view  (Read 1229 times)

a.f.

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I have a set of 120 photos of a road area between a facade and the beach (see pic1). All photos were taken with a tripod at heights between 4.2-4.5 m at 7 different stations. I have disabled those with poor quality, masked unwanted regions and placed 35 markers within most of the images. The alignment is very promising (see al1), but the point clouds not so much. When I process the cameras normally, somehow (especially the road part) is not being projected on the correct height or surface. It is either floating above or beneath where the ground should be in curves/stripes (see pc2). If I set up the individual folders as stations, the resulting points are projected on the correct height, but the model only shows ~ 15k points instead of the 2.3 million points that are shown in the bottom left corner (see st1).

Has anyone ideas how to improve the point cloud or what can be done differently or better?
Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 10:37:38 PM by a.f. »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello a.f.,

Is it possible to share at least the project (ideally, with the source images) to support@agisoft.com, if the problem is still observed and haven't yet been resolved?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

a.f.

• View Profile
Hello Alexey,

thanks for your answer. I have contacted the support and send them the project file. They said, that it is not recommended taking photos from a single point and referred me to tutorials. I understand that, but sadly I cannot go back and retake the photos. Also this image set is a part of a larger project. I tried everything, but cant make the point generation anywhere acceptable for this set. Do you think it would help, if I create panoramas from the different stations and try to create a point cloud out of the panoramas? Why does the model view only show 15k points instead of the 2.3mio points, when i process the folders as stations?