Forum

Author Topic: DEM Model doesn't have coordinate data  (Read 1246 times)

krogers42

• View Profile
DEM Model doesn't have coordinate data
« on: May 24, 2022, 03:15:40 PM »
Hello,

I am new to using Agisoft and I am using the program to complete my thesis. I've been experiencing a problem and don't know how to fix it. I've exported my DEM model and imported it into ArcGIS. Once I import it into ArcGIS I'm trying to convert it into a local scene to create a 3D model but when I do this it doesn't work because my model doesn't contain a X,Y, and Z values. Is there a way to export the model with these values or export the values separately?

Any suggestion helps
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 03:19:36 PM by krogers42 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: DEM Model doesn't have coordinate data
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 07:33:18 PM »
Hello krogers42,

Do you have Metashape project georeferenced? If so, which export settings you are using for mesh and DEM export?

By default mesh export is performed in Local Coordinates, so you may need to choose the same coordinate system that is used for DEM. Note, however, that larger coordinate values (like hundreds of thousands and millions meters/feet) may be not interpreted correctly in external application, so I could suggest to use Offset value on export to subtract fixed X and Y values from the mesh coordinates and then add the same values (if supported in external application) back on the mesh import.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC