Forum

Author Topic: Possible rolling shutter effect  (Read 3115 times)

Maggotta

• View Profile
Possible rolling shutter effect
« on: May 10, 2021, 04:06:47 PM »
Hi there,

I am doing a large area (about 200 hectares) aerial survey with a drone and there are problems with the calculation of the DEM. I hope you can help me.

Setting:
Mavic 2 pro; Flight altitude approx. 50 m; App: DJI Ground Station Pro.

I have divided the area into several tiles, which I can fly each with one battery.

At the edges of these tiles, there are now problems with the calculation of the point cloud/alignment; however, only at the edges where the drone stops and flies to the next path (see illustration; there are anomalies in the center of the image). I therefore suspect that this is a rolling shutter effect. Is there anyone with similar experiences? Have you found a solution?

I have tested the following:
- Alignment without rolling shutter compensation and without Adaptive camera model fitting.
- Alignment with rolling shutter compensation and without adaptive camera model fitting
- Alignment without rolling shutter compensation and with adaptive camera model fitting
- Alignment with rolling shutter compensation and with Adaptive camera model fitting

As soon as I add rolling shutter compensation I get a curved/deformed model.

mdasilva

• View Profile
Re: Possible rolling shutter effect
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 05:13:20 AM »
Hello, Was wondering if you investigated this more and to what conclusions you came to.

I'm using a Mavic 2 Pro in the newest version of Agisoft and when I enable the rolling shutter compensation the Z errors are getting a whole heap worse.

cheers

dpitman

• View Profile
Re: Possible rolling shutter effect
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 02:39:38 AM »
Have a look at the conversation here:
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=14480.0