Forum

Author Topic: How to rotate mesh or point cloud?  (Read 3605 times)

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
How to rotate mesh or point cloud?
« on: May 27, 2022, 08:10:05 AM »
I converted a model from WGS84 to local meters, and the whole thing ended up rotated at a weird angle instead of keeping the original XYZ orientation. I can't find any way to rotate the whole point cloud or mesh. It seems like it should be straightforward but the manual has nothing, I can't find any button or menu option. How do I rotate everything? I'm not looking to rotate the view or the region

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: How to rotate mesh or point cloud?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 05:05:59 PM »
Hello DayGeckoArt,

If you have input coordinates of the cameras or markers in the local system to Reference pane, make sure that Local Coordinates option is selected for chunk in the Reference pane settings dialog.

Any cameras/markers that have coordinates input in a different system should be unchecked on the Reference pane.

Then, to apply the changes, press Update button on the Reference pane toolbar.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 06:30:07 AM »
Hello DayGeckoArt,

If you have input coordinates of the cameras or markers in the local system to Reference pane, make sure that Local Coordinates option is selected for chunk in the Reference pane settings dialog.

Any cameras/markers that have coordinates input in a different system should be unchecked on the Reference pane.

Then, to apply the changes, press Update button on the Reference pane toolbar.

Yes local, but I can't find any way to select all the cameras and point cloud and mesh and rotate everything.

For example I have a big fragile map from 1960 that I photographed and processed, but it's tilted. I need to align it to lay flat on the XY axis

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 11:10:22 AM »
I learned from this thread that there's a Rotate Object tool under Model > Transform Object > Rotate Object