Forum

Author Topic: How to upload 3D models or point clouds?  (Read 1313 times)

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
How to upload 3D models or point clouds?
« on: May 29, 2022, 10:17:12 PM »
I've tried the built in uploaders in Agisoft Metashape and none seems to work. I get either garbage models, they don't get displayed at all, or error messages. I've tried meshes, point clouds, and in both geographic and local coordinate systems. The closest I've gotten is Cesium but it attemps to display a point cloud with a large square for each point

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
Re: How to upload 3D models or point clouds?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 10:21:44 PM »
Sketchfab returns a status code 400 error

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 04:03:09 PM »
Hello DayGeckoArt,

Please specify the project properties: reference coordinate system, number of polygons in mesh, number of points in dense cloud. Also specify Metashape version used and whether you upload to Sketchfab directly from Metashape or via any intermediate export format?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 06:27:03 AM »
Hello DayGeckoArt,

Please specify the project properties: reference coordinate system, number of polygons in mesh, number of points in dense cloud. Also specify Metashape version used and whether you upload to Sketchfab directly from Metashape or via any intermediate export format?

Usually a few million triangles. I have tried both local meters and WGS84 with multiple services. But what I've realized in the past couple days is my files are too big so there's no service that can display them. The closest thing I've found is ESRI 3D scenes but unfortunately those are very low res DEM with orthomosaic overlaid, and they drop a lot of polygons until you zoom in really close. Basically useless except for rough visualization and measuring