Forum

Author Topic: Rhino doubts  (Read 13791 times)

Paula

• View Profile
Rhino doubts
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:26:50 PM »
Hello everybody,
Thank you for all your comments in this forum. It had been very useful.
I’m trying to create 3d models but I have some problems.

I have a file created with the 3D agisoft that I had exported to .obj in order to open with rhino.
Agisoft make the model in .obj, .mtl and jpg correctly.  When I import the file in rhino I have a problem with texture. The rinho don’t import the texture.  How could I import automatically the texture in 3d?

Thank you in advance,

Paula

David Cockey

• View Profile
Re: Rhino doubts
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:30:00 AM »
The chunk name cannot have any spaces for the .obj files to work properly. I don't think special characters are allowed either.

You may also need to edit the .obj file and .mtl file.

-  In the .mtl file edit the first line "newmtl Textured" Replace "Textured" with a unique name not used by any other texture in Rhino.

-  In the .obj file edit the second line "usemtl Textured"  Replace "Textured" with the same name used in the .mtl file

Agisoft is going to try to change PhotoScan so the file name is used instead of "Textured" which should eliminate the problem.  http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1380.0

Paula

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »
Thank you David,
I tried to put different name and now the texture was correctly.

One question more, if I modify the 3d in rhino when I export the model to OBJ I don't know if .mtl or .jpg are adaptated to the new size 3d?

Thank in advances

Paula

David Cockey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »
I have scaled and rotated .obj meshes in Rhino which originated in Photoscan and were imported into Rhino. The texture is not affected by the scaling or rotation and continues to work properly. I've also trimmed the meshes and the texture continued to work properly.

Paula

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »
Thank you for all David,

seysearles@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »

In the .mtl file edit the first line "newmtl Textured" Replace "Textured" with a unique name not used by any other texture in Rhino.

Edit it in which program?

David Cockey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 06:08:33 PM »

In the .mtl file edit the first line "newmtl Textured" Replace "Textured" with a unique name not used by any other texture in Rhino.

Edit it in which program?

Any text editor (not word processor). I have used WordPad in Windows.

duranovicc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 05:19:25 PM »
Hi everybody.
My chunk name is project1 and i m exporting model with the same name as an .obj file(not with vertex normals and not using udim texture layout). Then i edit the firs 2 line of project1.obj file as ''mtllib project1.mtl , usemtl project1.obj'' in wordpad. then i import this file into rhino but i just have it shaded not textured. Any idea ?