Forum

Author Topic: texture generation  (Read 1256 times)

Regina1

• View Profile
texture generation
« on: June 03, 2022, 06:55:16 PM »
I have a large model with several chunks aligned and merged.  Some massive parts of the model  have been cut out during  subsequent chunk merges down the line.  With each new merge I know that the images carry over into the newly merged chunk and I am aware that I can deactivate specific images when re texturing the finished merged model..  I am dealing with tons of images so I'd rather not have to manually hunt down and deactive those images that have bad white balances (overexposed etc) that I have already excluded from my model with the cut tool. My question is, when I go to retexture the final model are all the images being used to create the final retexture, EVEN IF those images have been cut out of the visual model, just because they are carried over with the model merged into the new chunk?

I also know that I could retextured based on the model alone but that is not good enough.  I'd like to use the mosaic texture feature but I'm wondering if metashape is programmed to understand which images are no longer in the visual model after being cut out of the mdoel and will exclude those images durign the texture generation? From some of my tests it appears that those whonky colors are creeping in despite the fact that I have cut them out of the model. Hope this makes sense