Forum

Author Topic: Directional vector from yaw, pitch, and roll?  (Read 1904 times)

dj1988

• View Profile
Directional vector from yaw, pitch, and roll?
« on: April 10, 2018, 02:11:59 PM »
Hi All,

New to Photoscan (it's awesome!), and first time posting on here.

I have built an orthomosaic from my data and there is lots of blur :(, which I guess may be due to over-sampling.
I have built a regular point pattern to cover the study area and attributed photos based on nearest-neighbour analysis to each point. Unfortunately, not all photographs align - it was very windy on the day and used a kite and so photo orientation is widely varied!

So, to combat this I'm trying to figure out how to calculate a directional vector from yaw, pitch and roll values. The data were collected from KAP setup with the camera at a nadir angle in the rig. I appreciate various camera orientations are required for SfM, but wished to limit photographs to near-nadir angles.

Any help appreciated! Googling this problem has left me quite puzzled! :-\

Tom2L

• View Profile
Re: Directional vector from yaw, pitch, and roll?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 10:03:37 PM »
Did you manage to get it ? currently trying !

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
Re: Directional vector from yaw, pitch, and roll?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 08:20:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure the pitch, roll, and law only help the photo alignment process. If they're aligned properly then they don't matter anyway.

If you have blurry spots on your orthos and textures, it's probably because the program is choosing further photos or edges of photos to fill those spots. You have to draw polygons, right click, and then assign a different image. I'm hoping they update Agisoft to let you prioritize photos that are closer to the area in question