Forum

Author Topic: Unexpected Error on Startup  (Read 2517 times)

mitchgalea

• View Profile
Unexpected Error on Startup
« on: June 16, 2022, 05:34:40 PM »
Hello,

When opening Metashape (this error started a couple of weeks ago), I have been getting this error:
`Unexpected error occurred.
Details: System clock has been set back (-40)
`
This causes Metashape to not be activated, and I cannot activate it manually either. I have done some research and found that it is an issue with License managers where a file somewhere in the filesystem is corrupted or the time of the file has been modified, however I haven't had any luck fixing this. I have tried searching for files modified in both the future and way back in the past and modifying the dates, I have also tried repairing my Ubuntu install, nothing has been successful. I have only noticed errors with Metashape. Other than reinstalling ubuntu does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this error?

Thanks

Mitchell

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Unexpected Error on Startup
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 06:38:54 PM »
Hello Mitchell,

Do you observe that with the trial or permanent license? If it is a trial, please create the offline activation request file according to the following instruction and send it to support@agisoft.com:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000126204-how-to-create-an-offline-activation-request-file

Add the reference to this forum thread in the email body, so that we could assist you with the problem.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC