Forum

Author Topic: Matches/IPs using reference data as GCPs in image coords  (Read 1234 times)

sydneyg

• View Profile
Matches/IPs using reference data as GCPs in image coords
« on: July 01, 2022, 12:06:42 PM »
Hi all, I'm currently working with some historical aerial imagery with the Metashape python modules and I had a few questions:

1. Is it possible to run matchPhotos using a reference orthomosaic to create GCPs? in other words,  find IPs within a reference orthomosaic to "create" GCPs for by matching features in the historical imagery for the bundle adjustment (e.g. where the GCPs would have coordinates in e.g. WGS84 from the reference and corresponding match points in image coordinates?).

2. If #1 is not possible, would it then be possible to import pre-existing interest points as GCPs? Specifically, I have coordinates taken from a coarse reference ortho in lat/long/elev and related to image coordinates X(mm from PPA)/Y(mm from PPA) for each image that I have already created in Ames stereo pipeline, would it be possible to somehow integrate those as GCPs? In other words, for each image, can I relate a pixel coordinate to a Ground control marker, and then use that info to complete the bundle adjustment? If so, how would I go about doing that in python?

Thank you for any help,

Sydney