Forum

Author Topic: Smart camera RGBD processing  (Read 2384 times)

mvkolos

• View Profile
Smart camera RGBD processing
« on: July 14, 2022, 06:48:07 PM »
I have RGBD data, where depth channel is represented by float distance to the camera in meters. I tried to save it with tifffile lib in python and import resulted tifs via script, but I get "Embedded depth data is not found for the photo <my_depth.tif>" error.
What is the most convenient way to import this kind of data into Metashape to leverage this feature? https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000162212-smart-cameras-with-depth-sensor-data-processing

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Smart camera RGBD processing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 04:43:12 PM »
Hello mvkolos,

I see that you are already in communication with our support team. Have you managed to import the depth data using the Python code, as described in the article?
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000162212-smart-cameras-with-depth-sensor-data-processing
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

vineg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 04:17:10 PM »
Hi, mvkolos!

You need to split RGBD data into two separate sets of images: RGB images and Depth images. Then provide these two separate sets to the Metashape.app.document.chunk.importLaserScans python command. Depth images paths should be passed to the "filenames" argument, and RGB images paths should be passed to the "color_filenames" argument. image_path argument should point to some existing directory and end with "{filename}.tif". Metashape will substitute it with an actual file name.

Depth images are preferred in floating point .tiff or in .png formats. If it doesn't work - please attach depth and color images, so we could check them.

Misleading "Embedded depth data is not found for the photo <my_depth.tif>" is appears as we try to interpret the data as images from smartphones, but it is not the case.

Note that depth and color images should have different paths.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 04:56:46 PM by vineg »

iidancom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 12:30:48 PM »
Has anyone a set of RGBD images that can be used in 2.0?
Or some instructions how to acquire such images?
Can th eimages have GPS information that metashape can use?