Forum

Author Topic: Running Metashape within Docker using python wrapper finishes with segfault  (Read 288 times)

FrancoCorleone

• View Profile
Hello all,
My first question is about a possible reason for Metashape finishing with segmentation fault using python wrapper for processing but that happens ONLY in docker. I tried on Mac, I tried on EC2 instance running natively, and then I tried in docker (GPU passed in, Vulkan available, ubuntu 18 based image). Whole processing is done correctly, and then it just exits with segmentation fault instead of code 0.

Any tips appreciated, this one is annoying to find.

Greetings,
Jed

arafat

• View Profile
I had a similar problem in the past and it was because there was not enough RAM
Hope it's helpful 

FrancoCorleone

• View Profile
@arafat but I was running that on quite powerful machines in docker. You think that was still too little?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Franco,

What is the amount of RAM available and at what operation seg fault happens? Do you have the log of the processing operation up to the unexpected termination?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

FrancoCorleone

• View Profile
You see the unusual part is, it processes the whole thing. And then on exit, it doesn't return 0 but segfault instead. That's why I'm so confused.

FrancoCorleone

• View Profile
I should probably add one more thing. I tried to run the same script with metashape -r also in docker, and it didn't end with segfault. That's why I doubt it's a RAM related issue. I think it's more possible that the python wrapper doesn't release all allocated memory. What you think?