Forum

Author Topic: Transform object doesn't work  (Read 2145 times)

NORIM

• View Profile
Transform object doesn't work
« on: August 06, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »
Hi I created model from aerial photos and I would like to cerate ortophoto from mesh. Spare cloud is rotated and X, Y and Z axis are bed. So I did Model/Transform Object/ Reset Transform because other options were greyed next I did Model/Transform Object/Rotate Object and set model correctly...after that I tried to "Update Transform" but after that model is again in bed position. I am using 1.8.3 Metashape Professional version...

NORIM

• View Profile
Re: Transform object doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 02:09:57 PM »
That happens when WGS 84 cordinate system is used in model.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Transform object doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 04:07:30 PM »
Hello NORIM,

If you are interested in model georeferencing, you should use coordinates of the camera locations or markers (GCPs) in the Reference pane. Manual referencing via Move/Rotate/Scale object instruments would not allow you to get properly referenced model in geographic coordinates.

Getting bad referencing usually means that the coordinate information is incorrect or the referencing points are placed improperly (some cameras are not correctly aligned or markers are not correctly placed).

Maybe you can share the problematic project with the alignment results to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC