Forum

Author Topic: Numpad navigation removed from 1.8.2 why ?  (Read 1555 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Numpad navigation removed from 1.8.2 why ?
« on: August 09, 2022, 01:29:30 AM »
Hi,
Metashape 1.8.2
 I go to numpad hit 5, and nothing happens, it should toggle ortho/perspective, it always used to.
I try the row of numbers and then it works.

Why has the logical place for left top bottom views, the numpad, been removed from such navigation ?

has everyone complained its not sensible to hit 4 for left view 8 for top and so on ?

I am in the throes of battling a win10 build where Msoft have decided to make change for changes sake, 3 weeks lost to such tactics, TRAGIC LOSS OF TIME, and to find my normal workflow altered in progs built by folk that I thought didnt do such as well, is upsetting.

also a 22 pic project sees 12 images not aligned, I try them in photoscan and ALL get aligned, despite flagging up the fact that photoscan always succeeds and metashape is forever failing in step 1, its still happening. It is unsettling to say the least that forward movement in the basics is not happening.

Steve003

Hugh

• View Profile
Re: Numpad navigation removed from 1.8.2 why ?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 11:22:40 AM »
I'm running 1.8.3 here and the numpad appears to work like you're describing. 5 to toggle ortho/perspective, and 1, 3, 7 for each of the axes. Is this not what you're expecting? It feels logical to have them this way for me.

Do you possibly have num lock off?

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 12:29:08 AM »
Hi, Now you might be onto something there, I have never considered the numlock button , never in life ever used it, maybe I hit it off by accident.
I have remapped the numpad keys to 5 toggle ortho/persp, 4 left side, 6 right side,  2 front 8 back 9 top and 3 bottom,
I would need to run agisoft as it comes out of the box to see if numlock makes a difference.
on that note, i launch photoscan which I havent altered the key allocations and yes numlock sees 5 work as toggle, as well as 4 2 8 6, cant fathom out what top view is as the key allocs in preferences are not there. where are they ?

I hit 9 and got a view suiting 3d glasses..   :) must explore further !

Steve003

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 09:28:44 AM »
You'll find all predefined views here: see attachment. You can hit the numpad numbers without using the menu as you already explored.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:33:24 AM by Kiesel »