Forum

Author Topic: Ortho where is 2D grid and a 2D rotate tool ?  (Read 1887 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Ortho where is 2D grid and a 2D rotate tool ?
« on: August 09, 2022, 05:57:35 PM »
Hi,
Q1. why is there no grid to align to when in ortho view side views ? we have grid in top/bottom but its vital it exists in all ortho views such as side.
Its the whole purpose of ortho, yet we have nothing to align to.

Q2. Tumbling is for perspective view, precise rotation is for ortho, how do we stop 3D rotation when in 2D ortho view ?

In other words where is the ability to rotate with mouse BUT NOT TUMBLE the item in 2D view when doing so ?

Using ortho is best way to align model and region , 3D tumbling and movement is not wanted , it spoils the alignment.
One is forever undoing the messed up alignment.

Q3. Also how do we get the rotate sphere to reset to the view that gives us a coloured ring on the outer edge of it when in ortho view ?
So as to be able to pull on the red outer ring when in ortho and avoid tumbling. ?

Cheers
Steve

Steve003

• View Profile
Re: Ortho where is 2D grid and a 2D rotate tool ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 04:37:45 PM »
Please anyone, I am forever spoiling my aligned model or region as there is no way it seems to reset the rotation sphere to have its coloured red blue green lines to suit ortho, i.e round the edge of the sphere and exact down middle, where I wish to rotate in 2D mode, as ortho is 2D.

and we need a grid in front side as well as top views, how ?

Steve003

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 10:58:48 PM »
PLEASE ANYONE ?????

I AM ALIGNING CHUNKS, WE NEED A 2D ROTATE, KEEPS GOING TUMBLER 3D ON ME.

SURELY THERE IS 2D ROTATION, AN ABILITY TO RESET THAT SPHERE THING SO THE COLOUR LINES GO DOWN ITS MIDDLE AND AROUND ITS EDGE.

IF FOR SOME VERY ODD REASON AGISOFT HAVE DECIDED TO NOT GIVE 2D ROTATE TO A 2D VIEW SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN.

in Rhino the developer  have agents that respond, is there no one able to answer the basics here ?

Steve003

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 05:24:02 PM »
Hello Steve,

You can select the orientation of the Grid (XY, YZ, XZ plane) in Metashape Preferences dialog -> Appearance tab -> Model section.

To rotate the object (model) around the single axis you need to hover the mouse cursor to one of the meridians (red, blue and green) of the trackball shown in the center of the model. Then apply the rotation, while holding the left mouse button - the corresponding meridian should be highlighted when you click to start the rotation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC