Forum

Author Topic: Where are the video tutorials on metashape ?  (Read 1362 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Where are the video tutorials on metashape ?
« on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:15 PM »
Hi,
Where are the video tutorials on metashape ?
Does Agisoft not have any video tutorials its made about its program, Its no use relying on youtube as the tutorials are not structured to show the different options available.
They are whatever the user fancied and often their narrative is poor, or no voice at all. Either rocks or fossils, green screen background ot uniform colour. My backgrounds are real world, whatever happens to be surrounding an object in a museum or out of doors at an event if its a vintage vehicle. No one ever seems to do such, aerial views is common.

I have just photod a metal rusty object on a table in my lounge, 400 photos or more as it was in two broken pieces. So how to deal with photos that dont align. You tube videos always have everything aligning. Most times Metashape fails, and Photoscan always aligns ALL.

Use of mesh from two options and how to do so.

Basically a walk through including masking, but not of 400 photos ! How to deal with 'reality life' situations, cluttered backgrounds. best settings etc.
I find metashape will create a model with the background, which can then be erased out, its the few photos that wont align, despite reset align and try again., and that Photoscan WILL ALIGN them. Something fundamentally wrong with Metashape.

Every prog needs a tutorial, but where are they ?

Steve

Arie

• View Profile
Re: Where are the video tutorials on metashape ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 10:42:27 AM »
Are you aware of Agisofts freshdesk? It has plenty of tutorials, though those are not videos but written ones (which I personally actually prefer because its easier to follow and one does not always have to rewind the video if one missed something).

There even are 6 different tutorials there on masking images.
See here: https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/home

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 09:19:38 PM »
Hi,
No I wasnt, thats great news , if they cover the things I am forever needing to know about.
I will study them and see.

Many Thanks

Steve003

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 11:25:15 PM »
I cannot fathom out the scale model tool, it sets the origin to some place I dont want.
Thus I need to see how to use it.
I google it, nothing, you tube, nothing, tutorials...I have just googled agisoft tutorials, there is NO RESULT LEADING US TO THESE TUTORIALS, .

I GO ONTO AGISOFT WEBSITE, SELECT TUTORIALS, again nothing takes us to these tutorials.

if it wasnt for your reply I would not see them NEITHER WOULD ANYONE ELSE.

Come on Agisoft , why hide them ? It must be made easy, . user friendly.

when one is stuck one needs help, getting stuck with metashape is bad news when help is tricky to come by.

I bet this situation will still exist in a years time.

Steve003