Forum

Author Topic: Remove Depth Map data as it's being filtered.  (Read 2533 times)

wojtek

• View Profile
Remove Depth Map data as it's being filtered.
« on: August 13, 2022, 08:10:49 PM »
Hello,

It seems to me that the current way depthmap filtering handles files on the disk is a bit inefficient. Ever since the filtering step has been added I've ran out of disk space a number of times which results in a hard crash still (come on guys!).

Anyway, it seems that unless the data keeps getting cross-referenced, it would make sense to delete unfiltered archives as you go, please see image. In this particular case the unfiltered data is extra 100gb which adds up quickly.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Depth Map data as it's being filtered.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 04:49:18 PM »
Hello wojtek,

Which depth maps filtering option have you used for that project, what Metashape version and whether the screenshot has been taken during the processing or after the dense cloud or mesh has been generated?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

wojtek

• View Profile
Re: Remove Depth Map data as it's being filtered.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
Hello wojtek,

Which depth maps filtering option have you used for that project, what Metashape version and whether the screenshot has been taken during the processing or after the dense cloud or mesh has been generated?

Hey Alexey,

Current version, 1.8.4 standard.

Default filtering (Mild).

Screenshot has been taken during processing so only 5 archives worth of depth maps has been filtered but the unfiltered data is still there (which seems unnecessary to me, unless its used for cross referencing later).