Forum

Author Topic: How does one set the scaling start point of the model resize tool ?  (Read 1343 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
How does one use the scale tool, placing the start point of the scale where its needed and then I presume its a drag operation.

I have two chunks open , same item one is 30% size of other, I select the 'scale model' tool (one of the drop down along with move model, rotate model.)
NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SETTING A MODEL SCALE, which would be useful but I cannot find that anywhere (Standard).

I have my two items with their ends together and wish to place origin of scaling at that end and make the one same length as the other.

I click to place the origin for the scale and the model grows larger, an orange line goes from my click to a square dot somewhere on its top, not at any sensible location.

I never put that dot there.

FURTHERMORE ITS GONE MASSIVE, I CANT TELL WHICH MODEL I JUST WRECKED, THERE IS NO EDIT UNDO ON RESIZING THE MODEL,  >:(WHY NOT ? I AM FORCED TO CLOSE THE PROJECT, THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, WHY NO EDIT UNDO ON ENLARGING THE MODEL ?

Start again..
I try to find a way of resiting that dot which is the origin, I fail,

I google scale tool, fail, its all about setting a scale such as 1:10 or 1:1 etc....slaps face.
try to find tutorial...fail
click on help at top of screen..select search tab, type scale,,,no topics found.
contents then, find the page showing tools, it just shows the tool, nothing about it at all.

OMG..it shouldnt be this tough, its a scale tool, normally intuitive.

and I am defeated.

How does one use the scale tool, placing the start point of the scale where its needed and then I presume its a drag operation.

Steve003
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 11:48:21 PM by Steve003 »