Forum

Author Topic: Swapping Images After Alignment  (Read 1720 times)

RoryG

• View Profile
Swapping Images After Alignment
« on: August 16, 2022, 10:09:36 PM »
Hi, I am working on a 750 hectare 7900 image RTK drone survey made up of 33 survey segments of around 240 images. After alignment there are some notably darker sections where the ev fell below 0.0, roughly one or two stops underexposed. Rather than correct the exposure and realign from scratch, is it possible to simply swap out the underexposed images with the corrected ones? Obviously I would ensure the folder and filenames are identical.

If I use Lightroom to correct exposure it will remove most of the EXIF and XMP data, however now that alignment is complete does it need these data?

Thanks,

Rory

Kiesel

• View Profile
Re: Swapping Images After Alignment
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 09:42:37 AM »
Hi RoryG,

should be possible, because this is the normal workflow when you work with pattern projection by using the photos with pattern projection for alignment and then replacing those photos with identical named photos without pattern projections located in another folder.

Regards,

Kiesel

Arie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 10:33:56 AM »
I can confirm that swapping images works fine, I've done this plenty of times.
Just make sure that the image size is identical, some image processing software applies distortion corrections which can crop the image slightly by a few pixels.

RoryG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 01:38:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I can confirm it works perfectly!