Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release  (Read 274447 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2013, 05:06:35 PM »
Hello janoz,

If you already have license key, you can use it for PhotoScan 1.0.0 activation. Otherwise you can request PhotoScan Pro 3-day trial license key from our web-site: http://www.agisoft.ru/products/photoscan/professional/trial/

In case you are interested in Standard edition Trial please contact our support team.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2013, 07:59:21 PM »
I noticed that if I select a portion of the model, then invert the selection, the model selection is inverted, but the camera selection is not. I don't know if this occurred in earlier versions, but it prevents me from quickly cropping a large project into separate chunks after GCPs are entered.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2013, 11:25:34 PM »
Hello Andy,

Delete, Crop and Invert selection tools only work for points of cloud and faces of mesh.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2013, 02:05:07 AM »
I still can't make DSMs with as much detail as I could in 0.9.1 and 0.8.5. Even when I use "custom" settings for faces, I can't get as high as the 50 000 000 faces I was able to get before. Max is about 30 000 000 when I choose custom, and the face density is way less dense than the point density.

I attached some images trying to show the loss of detail I am seeing. Before I could export a 0.5 m DSM and often see individual logs and subtle drainage features. Now I am lucky to see either, and the surface is much more faceted.

Processing settings were medium for align, high for pointcloud, and custom/50 000 000 for mesh.

on a related note, it would be great if I could produce a DSM directly from the pointcloud by binning the elevation values per grid cell (median, min, max, and mean would all be good options). Then I wouldn't even need to generate the mesh at a high resolution for the orthophoto.

One other note, although this has been the case in 0.9x and 0.85 too - when I have pre-imported GCPs, and I stepp my way through the GCPs  filtering by marker and pinning GCPs, even if I press the "update" icon to update alignment, I don't see new photos appear in the "Photos" window until I "filter by marker" for another marker, then go back to the one I was working on.

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »
I am having the same thing happen as in an earlier post, no progress from 87% done in "generating mesh" task for several hours now, machine is only using ~10% of my CPU, and looks like a lot of CPU-hopping going on between differenct cores in my first CPU (dual CPU Xeon machine).

Only difference this time is that I know I didn't go over memory - this machine shows only 28GB of 192GB is being used. Screenshot from task manager attached.

This is on build 1748

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2013, 10:57:29 PM »
Hello Andy,

At 87% of mesh generation phase mesh is being triangulated at this step really doesn't use all the cores. It may take quite a long time depending on the dense point cloud quality (and number of points in the cloud).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 25, 2013, 11:52:57 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the clarification.

George

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2013, 03:56:17 PM »
hi all
what is new in build 1750? any changes to ortho rendering?
GR

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2013, 04:02:55 PM »
Hello George,

Bug fixes, French GUI (not yet complete) and extensions in Python functionality (like meta data for Frame, Camera, Marker and Scalebar classes and access to image EXIF and image quality data).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MichaelW

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »
Is the pre-release stable on Mac OSX 10.9? I am thinking of upgrading, especially since it has the multiple screen capability.

mr map

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2013, 04:51:37 PM »
Buying a PhotoScan Pro license and starting up production, would you recommend starting out with the 1.0.0 pre release right away, or better begin with the "old" released version until official release?

Is there an estimate date for official release of the 1.0.0 (or best guess)?

Tom

Oli63

• www.geospy.at
    • View Profile
    • GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2013, 01:31:45 AM »
I always use the latest beta versions for production and never had serious problems so I really can recommend to use 1.0.0 from the start. And the actual version again seems to be remarkably stable.
GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
www.geospy.at

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
I notice on v1.0 that there's still no error trapping for jpg with one (or both) dimension(s) > 65535. The JPG standard only supports up to 65535x65535, and JPG export fails if it's larger than that, but PS goes through the whole selection and blending process before saying "can't export ortho", rather than stopping after it calculates max dimensions > 65535. I don't know that it matters much, but a message saying "JPG too big" rather than waiting 10-30 minutes and then getting "can't export jpg" would at least explain to users what's happening, and would save a lot of time. As of now you have to watch for the size message and manually cancel.

Andy

Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2013, 10:37:34 AM »
Having some trouble with Verold 3d Viewer, when i upload the model i get x- axis where i should have my Z-axis wich messes up everyting on verold.

I have tried to rotate object in agisoft before uploading to switch axis but it dosent help, maybe somewhere in the steps i have it wrong, has anyone tried this?

On sketch fab there is the possibility to swithc axis in the browser on their site so no problem there.

chadfx

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
Unless you have the Pro version of PhotoScan, you cannot re-orient your object in the software. You should be able to do it in a 3rd party application before uploading to Verold, though. It actually is nicer for Sketchfab as well, so your object doesn't rotate with odd stop points in the rotation axes, as happens when you try to adjust the axes on their website.

Cheers, -C