Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release  (Read 273855 times)

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »
Hi Alexey,
Here is a link to my log file:
http://www.digital-mapping.net/forums/Photoscan/2013/November/log_pro.zip

Does the log file keep the history for all projects? I have ran a few projects since the problem one. If not let me know and I'll run the project with the same settings again and resend.

When you ran your test, did you have Depth filtering set at mild for Build Dense Cloud?
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

bisenberger

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2013, 11:07:05 PM »
If  build a dense point cloud in a project without ground control points and later add ground control points, does Build Dense Cloud... need to be ran again or is the existing dense point cloud adjusted?

James

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2013, 01:29:58 PM »
you can add gcps to georeference the model and the dense cloud will be preserved, as this does not affect relative camera positions or internal camera parameters.

However, if you then use the gcps to optimise the solution then relative positions and camera parameters will be modified, and the dense cloud etc will be need to be regenerated.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »
Hello bisenberger,

On my tests I've used Aggressive filterring, but I think I can restart it with Mild as well.

Thank you for Log file, but actually it contain many processes, so if you can point to the right one it will easier the task.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

aphextwin

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »
The 64-bit windows download link to the 1.0 pre-release seems to be broken...

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »
Hello aphextwin,

We are currently updating the installation packages, so please wait a little bit until new build will be available.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bisenberger

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
Generating a texture with color correction seems to be frozen. Can't cancel the process. I've run the same routine on a few other projects and didn't encounter this problem. CPU 100% memory 13%.

log file
http://www.digital-mapping.net/forums/Photoscan/2013/November/log_color_correction_freeze.zip

This is similar to what happened with the Build Dense Cloud issue I mentioned in an earlier post.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:56:09 PM by bisenberger »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »
Hello bisenberger,

Color correction works slow compared to the unchecked option, so according to the log file (unless to don't see  any changes in the console pane) the operation is in progress.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 08, 2013, 10:07:21 PM »
Hi Alexey and Dmitry

Some of the graphical issues, pointed in my latest reply, still remain in this latest 1768 version. The worst one is the render region black box when the Rotate region tool is selected. The crashes while selecting parameters in the batch option are gone. All options are working just fine now.
Cheers

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2013, 04:00:37 AM »
For the last view versions (1760 and 1768 I think)  I haven't been able to view the mesh without getting error code 3 (560 Ti - timeout) or error code 6 (670 - hardware config doesn't meet minimum specs for the application) messages on my NVidia cards ( 2 different machines -  (GTX 670 in one and GTX 560Ti + HD7970 in the other). It might have been occurring longer, but I usually don't open in mesh view.

If I open the file right after I start PS, it goes to mesh view and crashes. If I click on sparse (or dense) mesh button before opening the project file it will stay in pointcloud mode. It would be nice if it defaulted to sparse cloud when you first open a project, since it's faster to load and switch chunks.

My latest project is 49 921 267 faces, 24 975 489 vertices (Isolated to 1 chunk, saved in 0.8.5 format or latest).

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2013, 10:38:39 AM »
Andy you hit the wall of GPU ram. for cca 50 mil trias you need cca 3GB VRAM on GPU......
----------------
www.mhb.sk

chadfx

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 11, 2013, 09:21:19 PM »
I've got a file open right now in 1768 on my MacBookPro (GT650M 1Gb) that is 50.7 mil faces. No crashes. Interactivity is a blazing 1.3fps, though. ;-)

Is it just me, or is MacOS a bit less fussy with memory requirements than you guys run into on the PC side? I've definitely run into maxed out situations where I'll start getting into a VM swap slowdown, but it will eventually finish most of the time and doesn't completely lock up the machine.

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2013, 01:10:32 AM »
Chadfx might be right. Wishgranter requirements come with a bit of surprise for me because I own a MacbookPro (3.06GHz core 2 duo) with a old NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB and it behaves just fine with 50 million faces models. The interaction with the model is not very fast but renders correctly and it's usable. Things get a lot slower with models above 80 million thought. Even so, they render just fine.
It's strange because usually OpenCL drives versions lag a bit in MacOSX when compared with Windows. Even so, for most graphical tasks, I've always liked MacOSX better.
Cheers

chadfx

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2013, 01:30:03 AM »
Yeah, I think you and I are the lone Mac users around these parts. ;-) But overall the software hasn't given me too much trouble and it doesn't seem to be as much of a memory and resource hog as on the Windows side of things.

I wonder if you run into the same issue I get every once in a while, when all of the menus become grayed out (usually after some processing step). I can get everything to come back if I open up the preferences via the hotkey shortcut (command - ,). I haven't found a reproducible case to submit, but it seems to be in every version I've used, including these pre-releases).

bisenberger

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2013, 02:11:33 AM »
you can add gcps to georeference the model and the dense cloud will be preserved, as this does not affect relative camera positions or internal camera parameters.

However, if you then use the gcps to optimise the solution then relative positions and camera parameters will be modified, and the dense cloud etc will be need to be regenerated.

Thanks James