Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release  (Read 273858 times)

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
Hi Infinite. Does the softness really has something to do with the dense point cloud integration? As a matter of fact, from what I've learned, the dense point cloud generation has always been an intermediate step in mesh generation, even in earlier PS versions. The problem is that we weren't able to access to it. Did you check the number of polygons or any other detail that might be responsible for the difference in models? This new workflow is great because we can get much better results with more modest configurations. In my portable, for instance, I was not able to pass "medium" quality meshes and it took ages to render. Now I can get, at least High quality point clouds and the results are a lot, lot better than earlier versions and a lot faster to obtain. It's precisely the opposite of your example - meshes have a lot more detail, sometimes breathtaking, and prominent geometric objects, such as houses and similar objects, are much more similar to the real world. But, as you said, I'm using Heightfield and working with aerial photography. Maybe there are some differences in the Arbitrary option that you are certainly using as preferred option.

Cheers

This was a direct comparison. No difference other than older Agisoft build and latest Agisoft build. I've often seen changes in quality during each release, some good some bad. This one the results are softer.

There are however some interesting speed boosts. Which is a good thing! don't get me wrong the results are still fantastic but we should always be pushing for a raise in quality as much as possible.

airmap3d

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 12:13:58 PM »
I really liked the 'filer by markers' button that was on the photo pane.  Any chance of putting that back on there?

admir

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »
Hello, i am getting this errors in 1.0 (last build) which i dont have in 0.91 build 1703 (both 64bit).
clGetDeviceIDs failed: CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
Intel(R) OpenCL: can't enumerate devices

My specs:
OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GTX 470/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.3.0
Maximum Texture Size: 16384
Quad Buffered Stereo: not enabled
ARB_vertex_buffer_object: supported
ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: supported

However, everything works well so far.

Admir

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »
After some few tests with aerial photography, 3D models are consistently better than in earlier versions. Although, considering the orthophoto generation, results are mixed. Color correction works great and it's an added value for quality but, as with airmap3d, I've also got some warped features that were better in the previous version. The problem in that I've also got some features that were warped in the previous version and are now great. The final result is better in this version but a better effort must be made to avoid such warped features. There might be some stochastic or random approach in orthophoto generation because I'm obtaining different results from the same project with slightly tweaked parameters in the dense point cloud (mainly filtering). Even if I keep everything at the same state, othophotos get slightly different in two exportation tries. Even so, considering all the pros and cons, the final results are better than in the previous version.

Airmap3D, you can now click over a marker from the GCP pallete to filter the photos. You can also filter by markers by right-click in the model's window. Even so, as you said, I also like more to have that filtering in the photos pallete too, as in the previous version. If you check my first post in this thread, you will see that your request was also my request when I first tried this version ;-)
Cheers

djbill

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2013, 01:50:40 PM »
Is there some explanation about the new Build Texture parameters? What means texture size / count? I've check the guide and the changelog, but I can't find nothing about it...

djbill

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »
Hello, i am getting this errors in 1.0 (last build) which i dont have in 0.91 build 1703 (both 64bit).
clGetDeviceIDs failed: CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
Intel(R) OpenCL: can't enumerate devices

My specs:
OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GTX 470/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.3.0
Maximum Texture Size: 16384
Quad Buffered Stereo: not enabled
ARB_vertex_buffer_object: supported
ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: supported

However, everything works well so far.

Admir

I've the same card and it work perfectly with 1.0.0 1736. Try with the latest release of GeForce Driver (326.80).

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »
DJBill, it create more than one UV map-textures, that mean on bigger project you must not to use 16k+ textures, that often problem to properly view or process.... in short, GREAT addition to texture quality mostly on BIG datasets....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

djbill

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »
Thank for the reply... I'm currently test this new feature with 1240 cameras (inside part of an old tower) with this settings: 4096 x 16. I hope it works ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:32:27 PM by djbill »

djbill

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
The new Build Texture works very good, but the bundle adjust pass takes so much time... :S
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:35:11 PM by djbill »

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
Hi,

In the "chunk merge" part, in version 0.9.1 the mesh is merged to one closed surface, but in this new version, the mesh is combined to several layer, the results are totally different. And I really want to keep the old merge, or give two choice here: merge mesh or combine mesh.

flomoa

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 11:45:26 AM »
Hi,

it's a really good think to make the build dense cloud app, it can be very usefull BUT,

i'm disappointed there is not a red/green mask for the picture to texture. It can be very usefull to me to draw a "green zone" and force photoscan to use this mask as a texture.

Maybe for the next step, i hope

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
Hello Albert,

In the previous version geometry merging procedure produced low quality geometry irrespectively to the quality used in original chunks. In the version 1.0.0 you can merge chunks without geometry and build mesh in the merged chunk already.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

FoodMan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »
Hello Albert,

In the previous version geometry merging procedure produced low quality geometry irrespectively to the quality used in original chunks. In the version 1.0.0 you can merge chunks without geometry and build mesh in the merged chunk already.

absolutely awesome ...  8)

George

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »
seems like "Assign class" has not been activated yet ...

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »
Hello George,

Assign Class feature is active in case you have selected at least one point of Dense Point cloud (and surely it will not work for Sparse Point cloud selection).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC