Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release  (Read 274451 times)

JRM

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
Thanks for the answer. The log file is the output of the console tab or is it another thing ?

Is there a way to export the dense cloud instead of the sparse one ?

If you a .ts file it'll be a pleasure to translate the app in french.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2013, 11:56:37 AM »
Hello JRM,

Yes, you can just copy information from the Console pane.

To export dense point cloud you need to select Dense type in the export point dialog, providing that dense cloud has been already reconstructed for the chunk.

Please contact info@agisoft.ru if you are interested in translating PhotoScan GUI.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JRM

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2013, 12:13:34 PM »
Here is the log (test done with Fedora 19)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:15:53 PM by JRM »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2013, 01:20:54 PM »
Hello JRM,

Thank you for providing the log information. What is the amount of RAM and swap available on your computer?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JRM

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
4.2Gio of swap and 8Gio of RAM

jooles

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
Hello Alexey,

I have tried any combination of parameters. but here is a snapshot of the standard parameters and the error message.

to complete my post, if I choose Height Field instead of Arbitrary then I have no error message but I get an empty model.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2013, 07:07:41 PM »
Hello Jules,

I've managed to reproduce such behavior for Arbitrary and Height Field, but I've just moved Bounding Box away from dense cloud. Could you please check one again, that working volume is defined correctly and there is at least part of dense cloud inside the box.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ksimon

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
Hello,

I had generated Medium quality depth maps in two chunks in 0.9.1.  I can't remember if I merged the two chunks in 0.9.1 or 1.0.0, but there is no depth map included in the my merged chunk that resulted in very low resolution even though my dense point cloud was 42 000 000+ and I specified an 80 000 000+ face count in the geometry build.  Please find the log file attached.

Similarly, my colleagues have found a variety of issues memory limits and low res results in geometry builds that are executed in 1.0.0 on projects that were aligned, etc in 0.9.1. 

Thank you!
Katie

Hello ksimon,

What quality for depth maps was used in 0.9.1 and in 1.0.0? Are you sure you've used the same parameter in both cases?
Probably you can also provide the cpoy of log file for mesh generation step.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2013, 10:52:08 PM »
Hello Katie,

I meant, if you could attach the log file that corresponds to the insufficient memory problem.

I had generated Medium quality depth maps in two chunks in 0.9.1.  I can't remember if I merged the two chunks in 0.9.1 or 1.0.0, but there is no depth map included in the my merged chunk that resulted in very low resolution even though my dense point cloud was 42 000 000+ and I specified an 80 000 000+ face count in the geometry build. 
Without depth maps and dense point cloud calculated for the merged chunk you can't build high quality model, only sparse point cloud based geometry option is possible.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ksimon

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2013, 01:42:42 AM »
I'm sorry, I'm confusing two approaches I took to generate a new mesh in 1.0.0

In the first approach I ran out of memory in the mesh build and do not have the log file, but will replicate the scenario and send it.  In the second approach I went back a step and tried to re-merge two chunks which were created in 0.9.1 in 1.0.0.  This newly generated mesh does not preserve the depth maps from the initial two chunks and the mesh build was very low resolution.  Do you know what I can do to preserve the depth maps in the chunk merge if this is limiting my mesh build resolution? The chunks say medium depth map and the properties show an aggressive depth filtering which was the setting in all process I've done.

Thank you!

Hello Katie,

I meant, if you could attach the log file that corresponds to the insufficient memory problem.

I had generated Medium quality depth maps in two chunks in 0.9.1.  I can't remember if I merged the two chunks in 0.9.1 or 1.0.0, but there is no depth map included in the my merged chunk that resulted in very low resolution even though my dense point cloud was 42 000 000+ and I specified an 80 000 000+ face count in the geometry build. 
Without depth maps and dense point cloud calculated for the merged chunk you can't build high quality model, only sparse point cloud based geometry option is possible.

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2013, 04:46:44 PM »
Is it possible to install the beta separately and keep the  0.9.1 installation for comparison purposes?
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
Hello Katie,

Merge mesh option in the version 0.9.1 resulted in low quality mesh irrespectively to the geometry quality in the original chunks due to the methods used. In the version 1.0.0 Merge Mesh option was changed to Combine Mesh that produce single geometry from all the chunks being merged without any changes.
In both versions it is possible to merge chunks without any geometry reconstructed and build geometry in merged chunk. We are planning to implement dense cloud merging to the merge chunks feature.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jooles

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »
Alexey,

yes I'm sure of the bounding box, sorry about it.

Hello Jules,

I've managed to reproduce such behavior for Arbitrary and Height Field, but I've just moved Bounding Box away from dense cloud. Could you please check one again, that working volume is defined correctly and there is at least part of dense cloud inside the box.

Heinrich

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2013, 11:43:28 PM »
After a short glance and two tries I am totally enthused! Very well done! :)

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2013, 05:38:15 AM »
The new dense point cloud functionality is great. Especially being able to edit it.

One request - I find myself switching back and forth between editing (usually free-form polygon) and navigating around the model with the arrow/navigate button. Would it be possible to add single-key shortcuts (awesome if they were customizable) so we could toggle between navigation and edit modes without point-clicking? This would save me a lot of time in point cloud editing mode.