Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release  (Read 273869 times)

Ricky

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2013, 08:07:49 PM »
Hello Ricky,

I've just downloaded Win64 Standard package for PhotoScan 1.0.0 and it has installed correctly, please try to download it once again.
Now it works
Thx!
Ricky

carbon

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 15, 2013, 12:09:29 AM »
Hello,
Has merging of chunks changed? in 0.9.1 I usually build chunks (about 16) separately and then merge into one mesh. Most of the time i got better details then generating mesh in one pass. In 1.0.0 build 1768 standard, result is just joined chunks, meshes from chunks are not connected.. Or did I miss something?
Thanks.
c.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 15, 2013, 12:18:57 AM »
Hello carbon,

In the version 0.9.1 there was "merge models" option which produced low quality model based on the original chunks models, in the 1.0.0 it was changed to "combine models" that allows to merge high quality meshes unchanged.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

carbon

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 15, 2013, 12:58:06 AM »
And is there any way to get "flattened" mesh from chunk meshes?
Thanks for reply.
c.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 15, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
Hello carbon,

You can create sparse point cloud based geometry on the Merged chunk. So this option doesn't require to build dense clouds and models in the original chunks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

carbon

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2013, 07:56:57 PM »
Hmm, I don't think this is what I need. Maybe I have to better explain my pipeline.
1 load all photos
2 align them
3 resize chunk region to bound smaller part of object
4 generate mesh at high or ultra high setting at 2 mil. faces
5 duplicate chunk move region to next part with overlap --> 4
loop until all parts are generated
6 align chunks by cameras
7 merge chunks and merge meshes
8 decimate resulting mesh
this way i get better results then with just single pass generation with region around whole object
so, i can do this in 1.0.0 because meshes are not merged in step 7, would it be possible to have that option back?
thanks
c.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2013, 01:19:23 PM »
Hello carbon,

Merging models in 0.9.1 and earlier versions produces low-quality resulting model, irrespectively to the quality used in the original chunks - so it is unreasonable to use High/Ultra quality.

I suppose that you will be able to reconstruct mesh for the whole original chunk using at least Low quality and I don't think it will be worse than the merge models result.

As an alternative, I can suggest to use Python scripting to split original chunk bounding box into regular grid of adjunct smaller size regions for duplicated chunks. Then you'll be able to process each one in High or Ultra and combine the models (in the version 1.0.0) without any loss of details.

And another comment regarding the step 6. If you reference  the chunk prior to duplicating you can skip this step, since all the duplicated chunks will be referenced in the same coordinate system.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »
Some of the graphical issues, pointed in my latest reply, still remain in this latest 1768 version. The worst one is the render region black box when the Rotate region tool is selected.

Please check the latest build 1771, visualization issues should be fixed now for Mavericks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »
Hi Alexey

Confirmed!! All graphical issues I had detected in Mavericks are now gone. I don't know if you did any other optimizations, and can only be just a "feeling", but this version seems to be faster than the previous ones while rotating models with texture or solid mesh view mode.
Cheers

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
Build 1768 - I noticed that orthophoto export doesn't honor the bounding box extents if the box is changed after mesh is generated from sparse point cloud (to select a subset of the model for ortho export).

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »
Hello Andy,

Orthophoto is generated for the entire 3D model, unless Region section is used in the Export Orthophoto dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

chadfx

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 20, 2013, 03:29:49 AM »
Hi Alexey,

I am still seeing graphical issues with the 1771 version and MacOS Snow Leopard 10.8.5. The build texture process just renders a completely black texture. It was also this way in build 1768, but was fine in 1760 (and earlier versions).

I'm happy to provide more detailed info if you need it, just let me know.

Thanks! -Chad

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 20, 2013, 08:12:14 PM »
Hello Chad,

And what is the texture resolution selected? Please also provide the copy of the Console information on PhotoScan start-up.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

chadfx

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 20, 2013, 08:25:05 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I am getting black texture output at all resolutions (2048, 4096, 8192, etc). Color correction on or off. Mosaic, average, etc. I haven't tested every combination, but they all seem to give the same result. I am not seeing any errors in the console, and this is broken for every setup I have loaded. Testing a bit more, it seems to work if I set it to Min or Max Intensity, just not Average or Mosaic. All of the images I use are JPG images converted from RAW in Adobe Bridge.

Here's the console info:

OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine
OpenGL Version: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.16.74 310.40.00.10f02
Maximum Texture Size: 16384
Quad Buffered Stereo: not enabled
ARB_vertex_buffer_object: supported
ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: supported

This is on a 2012 15" MacBook Pro Retina, but I am also seeing this problem on an early 2012 iMac (and can test on a couple of other machines if you are not seeing this problem on your end).

Hopefully this will help you find the issue. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to you.

Good luck! -Chad

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2013, 04:25:22 PM »
Hello Chad,

Are you using latest build? Could you please also specify if the problem appears irrespectively to the Mac OS version (or if it is only Mavericks).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC