Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release  (Read 273848 times)

David Cockey

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.0.0 pre-release
« Reply #285 on: November 25, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »
Using Interpolation solved the problem, though it didn't short the time to build the texture. The long time is probably due to the large number of photos.

Thanks for the help!

maddin

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »
Is it possible to generate orthophotos from the dense point clouds only?

Martin

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
Hello Martin,

No. Orthophotos should be projected on the polygonal model, so Build Mesh is a required step for Orthophoto and DEM export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bugonair

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2013, 12:19:37 PM »
HI all: about classify ground points.

I?m very interested in orthophoto generation from aerial view.

I want to achieve some kind of workflow to generate a point cloud and a mesh free fron buldings and trees to generate surfaces to generate contours of the real terrain.

I?m trying with the "tool classify ground points", but i?m stuck at this point.

My steps: align photos-build mesh Height field-create dense cloud.

There is something wrong here cause "the tools - Dense Cloud - Classify" is not activated......

Help, please (I?m working with a Trial License)

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2013, 01:50:23 PM »
Hello bugonair,

Dense cloud classification is only possible for referenced chunks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bugonair

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
Hi Again:

You?re right. Now, with referenced chunk, What would be the process to delete items such as trees and buildings out of the model?

PD. Really this is the function in which I am interested

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »
Hello bigonair,

Automatic dense point cloud classification finds points from the two classes: Ground and Low Points (that are under the estimated ground level). Manual classification allows to assign classes to the selected points.
It's recommended to use default values in Classify Ground Points dialog, but they can be slightly varied depending on the project.

Generally the method is the following: at first in every cell the lowest point is selected (Cell Size should be adjusted so that there are guarantied ground points in each cell). Then these points for each cell are triangulated in grid that should not be laying above the ground. Then new points are added to this grid - each of the points being added should match the following criteria:
the distance between the point and the "ground surface" should not be bigger than Max.Distance parameter; the angles between the "ground" and the vectors connecting the point and vertices of the corresponding cells are not greater then Max.Angle parameter.

Later in the Build Mesh dialog you can choose classes that should be used for mesh generation.

So once dense point cloud is reconstructed you should proceed to classification (Tools Menu -> Dense Cloud -> Classify Ground Points), if the default parameters do not provide desired result you should adjust the values (please note that prior to next run of classification you need to select all dense cloud points and assign to them "Never classified" class).

If the result is acceptable, you can build mesh based only on Ground Points class to get DTM.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RonaldWe

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 01, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
Hello Ronald,

Could you please try build 1774, we have fixed some issues for orthophoto export there that may have appeared for complex objects (at the second issue should be fixed).

The strange colours still occur in build 1774 while exporting orthophoto using colour correction. It does not happen without colour correction. I checked my images and it seems to be some kind of footprint (better the shadow of a footprint) of some low exposed pictures. I am sorry I don`t have a log file.

Another bug I just experienced in build 1780 is the change image path command. It does not work properly. Changing image path will change the path if you check for the image path of the pictures but if you want to allign the chunk again it says images are missing and directs to the previous path. After saving the job and re-open photoscan the pathes are changed back to the previous pathes again. Forget about it....now it works...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:49:40 PM by RonaldWe »

gheflorian

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 05, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »
Hello,

Can someone please tell me where I can find the fill holes option for opthophoto? Thank you!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 05, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »
Hello gheflorian,

Fill holes option is always enabled in the the version 1.0.0 for orthophoto export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

gheflorian

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 05, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »
Then how come I have gaps in my ortho? I tired to export to 0.9.1 and with fill holes it worked just fine.
Look at the screenshot made with 1 and 0.9.1

Porly

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 05, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »
Have the same problems with 1.0... So that for orthophoto generation I am using version 9.1. It takes longer but the result is better...

eriks

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2013, 06:01:35 PM »
I also have the same problem with smaller gaps/holes.
Moving trucks/cars are also getting funny (see the attachment)!

Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 05, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »
With version 0.91 if i only need ortho i align photos on high and create point cloud typ mesh and i get good enogh result. Sometimes there are small stitching errors around roads but vegetation seems to look moore natural.

I tried this in 1.0, align on high and the generate mesh on high setting, this resulted in really badly stitched roads.

Is this quick way of doing orthophoto gone with 1.0 or was it just bad luck for me...

Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 06, 2013, 01:18:44 AM »
The roads became ok with dense medium cloud and high mesh. But what about theese holes, I have tried default and extrapolated (smooth) but they are still there.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:22:59 AM by Peter »