Forum

Author Topic: Planar orthomosaic error  (Read 1552 times)

flogs

• View Profile
Planar orthomosaic error
« on: August 19, 2022, 07:08:52 PM »
Hi,

I have developed a workflow but with metashape software update, it is now not fully functional. When I generate planar orthomosaic by markers and I have previously clicked "Remove projection" on markers, there is an error. It was not in previous versions.

I need to correct manually coordinates of the markers and so I do not want them to be projected on the model. Why do you know insist on it?

Thanks, Filip

Dieter

• View Profile
Re: Planar orthomosaic error
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 06:52:09 AM »
Same here.... What does the error exactly mean?

https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=14680.0

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 02:06:43 PM »
Hello Filip, hello Dieter,

Please confirm, if the problem is reproducible in Metashape Pro 1.8.4.

Filip, please provide the screenshot of the Reference pane section with the markers, so that the checkboxes and source coordinate values are visible.

I am not getting such problem in 1.8.4 for markers without projections (but with source coordinates) used for Planar/Cylindrical projection definition.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

flogs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 02:19:56 PM »
Hi,

I think I solved the problem. It is about the markers being unticted in the Reference pane panel. Not sure why it is absolutely neccessary to be ticked but enabling them seems to solve it.

Filip
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 02:21:37 PM by flogs »

Dieter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 09:06:30 AM »
Hi,

I think I solved the problem. It is about the markers being unticted in the Reference pane panel. Not sure why it is absolutely neccessary to be ticked but enabling them seems to solve it.

Filip

The same solution worked for me.

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 12:30:11 PM »
If markers have less than 2 projections on the images from the aligned set, then its position in 3D space cannot be defined by the projections. It means that 3D location should be specified by the Source reference coordinates, but they are only applied, when the marker is checked on in the Reference pane.

So if you are using markers without any projections on the images, they should have source reference values input and be checked on in the Reference pane.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC