Forum

Author Topic: easily occured error: CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY while chunk.buildDepthMaps  (Read 1592 times)

joshua19881228

• View Profile
Hello,

I've already wiritten a script to align cameras and build dense cloud. It runs more stably on CPU than on GPU. The error occurs at chunk.buildDepthMaps and throw exception of CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY. And the error occurs randomly. However, the GUI software never failed. Could you anyone give any suggestions?

best regards,
Joshua

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: easily occured error: CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY while chunk.buildDepthMaps
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 05:53:14 PM »
Hello Joshua,

Additional information from the processing log would be helpful: starting task lines, first GPU initialization, if it was successful - then the part related to completed sub-task, also part with the failed sub-task.

Additionally please specify the OS version that you are using, GPU model and GPU driver version installed.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

joshua19881228

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 08:20:15 PM »
Hi, Alexey

The log can be found in the attachments. My OS is Windows 10 pro with version 19044.1889. The processor is AMD Ryzen 7 4800U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz

best regards,
Joshua

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 12:49:17 PM »
Hello Joshua,

It seems that the problem is related to the use of the integrated AMD graphics for the processing.

Please try to set the following tweak value to 1 (default is 2): BuildDepthMaps/max_gpu_multiplier and see if is helps to avoid the problem on build depth maps step.
It may be also reasonable to try installing latest driver for the integrated graphics: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphics/amd-ryzen-7-4800u
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

joshua19881228

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 07:51:19 PM »
Hello Alexey,

Thank you for the answer. It seems helpful to set BuildDepthMaps/max_gpu_multiplier and I would continue testing. How does this param work? I could not find the description in document.

Best regards,
Joshua