Forum

Author Topic: iPhone 13 pro RGB and depth image processing  (Read 1799 times)

ppant

• View Profile
iPhone 13 pro RGB and depth image processing
« on: August 30, 2022, 12:34:35 AM »
Could anyone shade a light on this topic,
I have seen that in the latest release there is the possibility to load the depth image.   
Code: [Select]
Metashape.app.document.chunk.importLaserScans(filenames = ["/path/to/depth/image-1"], color_filenames = ["/path/to/corresponding/color/image-1"], image_path = "/path/to/destination/folder/{filename}.tif"); 

Now I have a question, the new iPhone 13 pro saves RGB images and depth map files from its lidar sensor. My RGB images are geo tag . When I load the images using the above line of code. I observed in the destination folder file is created but all the geotag and roll yaw pitch orientation in the image is lost. Furthermore, iPhone RGB and depth image resolution are different. How it's going to work.    Furthermore when I tried to export the mosaic dense pointcloud. there is no ability to export the geo rectified pointcloud.

Am I missing something? In this process or it is just an experimental feature.   

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 13 pro RGB and depth image processing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 01:40:16 PM »
Hello ppant,

Can you please send the original image from iPhone to support@agisoft.com, so that we could check the issue with missing meta data on our side?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ppant

• View Profile
Re: iPhone 13 pro RGB and depth image processing
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 09:39:38 PM »
Alexey,
I have sent test data to support as you instructed. 
Looking forward to hearing from you