Forum

Author Topic: About automatic masking  (Read 5809 times)

hainguyen

• View Profile
About automatic masking
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:38:02 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm a new person in 3D scanning and this software, so maybe I'm a little noob for this question.
I've seen the clip of tutorial, when generate masks, it work for all the images, but when I do it, it only work for the image I'm processing, but not the rest images.
Do your guys know why, could you explain for me. please, thanks so much. I'm using the demo of Photoscan.

hainguyen

• View Profile
Re: About automatic masking
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 05:26:08 AM »
anyone know the reason I can't use automatic masking, please help.

maybe does any difference has between the demo and commercial version ?

thanks.

admir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:53:53 AM »
You should do masking for all added images, not just one. Double click on each image in Photos window (you can open it from View menu) you want to mask and using masking options (Magic wand, etc...) you can generate masks.

Hope it helps,

Admir

hainguyen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »
You should do masking for all added images, not just one. Double click on each image in Photos window (you can open it from View menu) you want to mask and using masking options (Magic wand, etc...) you can generate masks.

Hope it helps,

Admir

Thanks for your help, admir. As I saw in tutorial clip, she do it just only one images, and when she generates mask for that image, the software does it for all added images automatically. But when I do it, I have to do for each image manually  :-[

Here is the clip on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_insfYWPkA, at 3m:10s is the tutorial for automatic masking.

admir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
What tutorial do is show you how to use different types of selection to create masks inside Photoscan.
At 3.10 and later, masks are imported from files (made in Photoshop or similar) instead of manually created in Photoscan. In any case if you need masks, you can create them manually or "import" them from mesh (you need to check other tutorials on that).

HTH,
Admir

hainguyen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:39:28 PM »
What tutorial do is show you how to use different types of selection to create masks inside Photoscan.
At 3.10 and later, masks are imported from files (made in Photoshop or similar) instead of manually created in Photoscan. In any case if you need masks, you can create them manually or "import" them from mesh (you need to check other tutorials on that).

HTH,
Admir

Thanks again admir, I saw my problem.