Forum

Author Topic: Assigning Images to Orthomosaic to mask objects  (Read 1929 times)

BenW22

• View Profile
Assigning Images to Orthomosaic to mask objects
« on: September 21, 2022, 02:59:59 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I can't get Metashape 1.8.4 to create a mask on my orthomosaic using the assign images function. My steps are -

1. double click ortho to show it on the screen
2. Zoom in on the feature I want to mask - e.g. a car
3. Create a polygon around the car
4. Select the polygon, right click and choose the assign images option
5. Select either one or multiple images and click ok.

At this point metashape creates a hatch or solid block out of the area. This seems good as it shows the right area is to be masked.

6. Right click on the orthomosaic name (in the left side Workspace panel), choose the "update orthomosaic" option.

At this point metashape takes about 30seconds to update the ortho and the hatching disappears. So all you see is a polygon around the car. Yes, the car is not masked. Should the car be masked out? When i export the ortho, the car is not masked in the tiff image.

At this point I started reading everything I could find but found no solution. I deleted my polygon and started again, I exported using different settings. But nothing worked

Could anyone make a suggestion please on what step am I missing or where I went wrong?

Thanks
Ben

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Assigning Images to Orthomosaic to mask objects
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 03:38:46 PM »
Hi Ben,

I think that the car can disappear in your ortho composition only if one of the orthos involved in the patch area has no car in it....
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

BenW22

• View Profile
Re: Assigning Images to Orthomosaic to mask objects
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 12:29:06 AM »
Hi Paulo,

Thankyou very much. That makes sense as the car is stationary for the length of the flight. I didn't think of that and was guessing metashape would blend in the general colours at the egde of the polygon through the area to remove the car.

Cheers
Ben