Forum

Author Topic: UDIM issue with 1010 texture  (Read 3904 times)

mikeyjump

• View Profile
UDIM issue with 1010 texture
« on: September 26, 2022, 12:55:24 AM »
Does anyone else happen to work with big Metashape UDIM mesh models in Substance Painter? I’m hitting a problem when I have 10 or more texture files.  The 10th is missing its associated UV tiles when I open in Substance and is therefore projected wrongly. All other texture files, >10 and <10 are fine, but the 1010 is screwed.  I’m not sure which end is causing the problem.  If I regenerate textures in Agisoft at lower resolution to keep tiles under 10 then the problem goes away, but I need more resolution. 

Can anyone assist?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: UDIM issue with 1010 texture
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 02:21:25 PM »
Hello mikeyjump,

Do you observe this problem on any project that has more than 10 texture atlas pages?

Is the .1010. texture file just missing, corrupted or whether it exists and is correct but doesn't load to Substance Painter for some reason?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

renevg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 05:27:21 PM »
@mikeyjump
are you shure the other 9 tiles are imported properly in Painter? it's a problem I've come across: in painter each tile gets its own texture set, like mentioned in https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=14965.msg65491#msg65491
I didn't find the solution yet so if you managed, please let us know.

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 11:44:52 AM »
@mikeyjump
are you shure the other 9 tiles are imported properly in Painter? it's a problem I've come across: in painter each tile gets its own texture set, like mentioned in https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=14965.msg65491#msg65491
I didn't find the solution yet so if you managed, please let us know.

That is so in the non Udim workflow. In the Udim workflow it's a single Texture Set with multiple tiles. And like mikeyjump reported it is broken after N amount of tiles. I reported this months ago to no avail.