Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft photoscan VS Artec 3d scanner  (Read 10921 times)

lgs777

• View Profile
Agisoft photoscan VS Artec 3d scanner
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:12:09 PM »
Which of two solution do you think has the greater quality for 3d printing?
I think In photoscan need more knowlodge and trial and error, high cost ( for bodyscan)
What is thinking on this question?

fabberlounge

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft photoscan VS Artec 3d scanner
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:47 PM »
Hi,

The biggest advante with a multicamera setup is the photgraphic way of capturing, meaning you can freeze the reality within miliseconds... With Eva from Artec you need to sit still for some time, even though the results are good enough for 3D printing. I am running a studio with 42 Canon 600D, ( will get more soon), its tricky you really need time to understand all possibilities you have, but out o my experience Artec for mobile solution ( you can visit the client - big advantage) but for a studio solution, the gold standard is a multicamera setup...

good luck, all the best Andreas from fabberlounge
Yes, we scan !

polygon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 04:39:41 AM »
Artec Eva is not a good choice for human scanning,  the scan time is too long to take facial expressions, also hardly for children scanning, the texture resoluton is bad too.

Mixers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »
Well, I use Eva for 3 years and it is a good choice to scan human, after some experience face scan is less than a minute, than the subject can move eyes and face as much as he/she wants. About the quallity and the textures, you can see the examples on Artec's site.