Forum

Author Topic: Build Dense Cloud - "Can't read file: The handle is invalid (6)"  (Read 2459 times)

eedwc

• View Profile
Hi,

On Agisoft Metashape Professional (1.8.3 build 14331 (64-bit)) when I try to run "Build Dense Cloud" I'm met with a "Can't read file: The handle is invalid (6): C:/XXXXX/01_HammDenseMAtching_WholeSite.files/0/0/depth_maps.2/data3.zip" error.

I can run the processing step on a separate desktop I have access to but it is when I run it on my laptop (with GPU) the step fails. When I open the .psx file that worked on the desktop and recreate the steps on my laptop, I am met with the same error. It is not a pressing issue I just wanted to flag in case there is a quick fix. It's clearly an issue with the laptop but can't easily see what would cause this.

Spec of device error message appears on:
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
- 32 GB RAM
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- NVIDIA Quadro P620 (driver 516.59)

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Build Dense Cloud - "Can't read file: The handle is invalid (6)"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 12:53:50 PM »
Hello eedwc,

Does it happen only for the projects that have such long local paths? In case it is not a matter of the path length, it seems that the depth maps have been corrupted, so you should rebuild them anyway when building dense cloud or mesh from depth maps.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC