Forum

Author Topic: INSTALLATION PROBLEM  (Read 7878 times)

Henri

• View Profile
INSTALLATION PROBLEM
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
Hi
I tried installing AGISOFT PHOTOSCAN STANDARD DEMO (32-bit version) on my WINDOWS 7 laptop and it didn't work. I got the error message as shown in the attachment. I really want to try out your product and, if I like it, then I'll definitely buy it. Please can anyone assist me?

GPC

• View Profile
    • Geopro
Re: INSTALLATION PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »
You might want to use the 64bit version seeing that windows 7 is a 64bit operating system.
When things get weird, the weird turn pro.

Henri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:18:33 PM »
Thanks for the advice CS, but that didn't work. You are right in that Windows 7 is generally a 64-bit operating system, but not my OS version. So now I'm stuck. If there's anybody out there who overcame this problem, please let me know. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!!!!! Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
Hello Henri,

Unfortunately we can't advise you anything to solve this problem, but we will try to find out why this error appears.

You can try to download PhotoScan installation package once again in case it was damaged during downloading process.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Henri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
Hi Alexey

Thanks for looking into this. I definitely know that the photoscan demo 32-bit installation package isn't broken, because I was able to install it on another laptop (with Windows XP) at my place of employment, and it was functioning 100% with reasonable results (I couldn't push it to its limits, seeing that that specific computer doesn't have nearly enough RAM). My laptop however can produce higher quality textured meshes, which is why I want the program installed there instead (I can't keep personal/hobby software on my business laptop in any case, or I'm not supposed to). Here's the specs of my machine (bear in mind that I use AVG Anti-Virus 2011 free edition):
Machine Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics
Model: R580
Processor: Intel Core I5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GH
Installed memory: 4 GB (3.36 GB usable)
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System Type: 32-bit operating system