Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 2.0.0 pre-release  (Read 40333 times)

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 2.0.0 pre-release
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2022, 12:30:46 PM »
Given that there's no major changes to the algorithm this year. I would highly recommend looking into implementing this new method for next year's release: Pixel-Perfect Structure-from-Motion with Featuremetric Refinement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HuCMuraFk0
Project page: https://psarlin.com/pixsfm/
Source code: https://github.com/cvg/pixel-perfect-sfm

Mak

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2022, 04:16:51 PM »
Given that there's no major changes to the algorithm this year. I would highly recommend looking into implementing this new method for next year's release: Pixel-Perfect Structure-from-Motion with Featuremetric Refinement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HuCMuraFk0
Project page: https://psarlin.com/pixsfm/
Source code: https://github.com/cvg/pixel-perfect-sfm

Mak
Mak,

thanks for the link, very interesting indeed!
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2022, 04:58:26 PM »
Latest 2.0 version, from 7th november, is still very slow (unusable) in MacOS with AMD's eGPU's. Kernel building and loading while building the Point Cloud does not pass 8% for a while and takes ages to reach 14%. Version 1.8.4 (current stable one) is fine.
Cheers

RVC-Juan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2022, 06:42:33 PM »
Hey there,

Will it now be possible to run network nodes headlessly?

Not being able to do so has caused us endless 'head' aches.

Kind regards,

Juan S

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2022, 02:00:00 PM »
Hello Juan,

Actually, network processing nodes are run only headlessly, see the related article:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000145918-how-to-configure-the-network-processing
Note that you should use -platform offscreen key when starting the node on machine without graphical interface.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2022, 02:00:59 PM »
Latest 2.0 version, from 7th november, is still very slow (unusable) in MacOS with AMD's eGPU's. Kernel building and loading while building the Point Cloud does not pass 8% for a while and takes ages to reach 14%. Version 1.8.4 (current stable one) is fine.

Hello Renato,

Can you share the log from 2.0.0 for any GPU supported stage from starting the task up to the point when it gets slow?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2022, 04:23:41 PM »
Dear Agisoft team,

I tried to make a DEM (for a later orthophoto) out of a classified imported RTC360 laserscan in Metashape 2.0, but after processing I get an error: Empty DEM. Is it even possible to make a DEM out of a laserscan only in Metashape 2.0?

(The project contains just the colored laserscan only and none additional photos. When I try to align the panorama photos from the scanstations, only 24 out of 28 align and unfortunately I don't have additional photos this time, that's why I tried it with the pointcloud alone)

You'll find the log-file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/duwff63tllbk3vy/Agisoft_log_DEM_error.txt?dl=0

Best regards

Kiesel
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 05:56:46 PM by Kiesel »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2022, 05:04:48 PM »
Hello Kiesel,

Does it work, if you switch Interpolation option when building DEM to Extrapolated or Disabled? Enabled option requires at least one aligned camera, as it crops the output DEM to the area observed by at least single camera.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2022, 05:47:49 PM »
Hello Alexey!

thanks for the fast answer! When I switch the interpolation option to  'Extrapolated' it works, thank you very much!

But the 'Build Orthomosaic...' option in the workflow dialog is still grayed out. Are the panoramas included in the point cloud, not enough?
Are additional photos needed? But even when I add the extracted panorama photos to the project and import the reference data (positions) for them (see appendix) the 'Build Orthomosaic---' is still grayed out. Probably because they are not aligned by Metashape? But as I have written the alignment fails for 4 panoramas out of 28.

Regards

Kiesel

« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 11:21:49 AM by Kiesel »

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2022, 06:16:52 PM »

Hello Renato,

Can you share the log from 2.0.0 for any GPU supported stage from starting the task up to the point when it gets slow?

Hello Alexey

I'm sending the logs from Vs2 and Vs 1.8.4 in exactly the same hardware conditions and with the same set and parameters.
I had to stop the processing of Vs 2 after 11% because it was not doing nothing. You will notice quickly that after OpenCL kernel building, things advance very slowly. Everything is ok with version 1.8.4.
Cheers

flogs

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2022, 10:51:24 AM »
How to uninstall this version? I need to go back to stabel version but instalation is not listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features...

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2022, 12:15:07 PM »
Hello Filip,

Have you used regular installation procedure?

If you do not see the application in Control Panel > Programs and Features dialog, try to install the desired older version, if it says that the newer version is already installed, try to manually remove version 2.0.0 installation directory and repeat the older version installation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

flogs

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2022, 01:25:44 PM »
Hi, it is ok now. I mentioned it took extremely long to load Metashape and add this entry to the list.

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2022, 11:32:34 PM »
Version 15359 is also very slow. The same problem as before (see logs).
Cheers

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2022, 05:06:21 PM »
Metashape 2.0 vs 15412 is still too slow with eGPU AMD's and MacOS.
With the same set, hardware and parameters, Metashape 1.8.4 takes a little more than 2 minutes to process what takes 50 minutes (!!!!) to process in Metashape 2.0.
Logs attached.
Cheers