Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Cloud  (Read 7596 times)

flyzk

• View Profile
Agisoft Cloud
« on: October 17, 2022, 03:04:14 PM »
some feature I would love to see in the agisoft cloud :

1) I would like to be able to get (programmaticly) the ID of my shapes when I click on it (in order to develop my own custom app).
2) I would like to be able to change the color palette of the DEM, and also been able to modify the RANGE of the palette (value)
3) I would like to be able to change the color palette of the Orthophoto (in case of multispectral), and also been able to modify the RANGE of the palette (value)
4) At the moment the profil use DEM. Would be nice to have a profile that use point cloud, using the defined width (by user)  in order to be able to vizualize LiDAR datas

The option 3) is more optionnal, because a workaround could be to import a Digital NDVI Model instead of using "orthophoto" to be able to manage the palette.
But 1) & 2)  & 4) features would be a hudge improvment for our workflow.

Do you plan to release this kind of feature? When could we expect this?

thanks
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 03:50:59 PM by flyzk »

Ilya Shevelev

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
Re: Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 12:50:57 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for the feature requests!

Answering your questions:

1. Open API for developers is not planned.

2. DEM color palette range configuration is in our roadmap, but the release date is not yet defined.

3. On the fly transformation of raster maps including coloring by selected palette is planned, but this feature is still in the early design stage.

4. Generation of profile using the Point Cloud is not planned. As point clouds are irregular types of data we cannot find a set of points lying on a given line and shifted on a given distance from each other.

The solution for your use case may be a pseudo 2D view of a point cloud clipped by a given plane. This feature is not yet planned, but we will consider adding it to our roadmap .

Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

flyzk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 05:19:44 PM »
hi,

1) about embed link, I think this is not optical.
In fact, if I want to give only the presentation embed link to a customer, he just has to change in the link "Presentation" to "Full" to unlock all feature.
It would be better to have a unique number for each kind of embed link.

2) about polyline, it would be nice to add : orientation in azimuth °

3) an option to download all shape selected (by layer) in format DXF would be nice.

4) an option to import shape directly from metashape desktop would be nice

5) an option to center the MAP in 2D/3D in order to have a perfect 90° view + oriented North, would be usefull (like an arrow to know the orientation we are viewing) : at the moment, once we move the view, we cannot get back to the North oriented view.

what do you think about it? a roadmap about release would be awesome.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 05:49:03 PM by flyzk »

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for providing ongoing feedback!

As for you questions:

1. Currently we do not plan any changes in Embed Code functionality.

2. It would be great if you can provide some details on why azimuth information is needed and then may consider adding it.

3. We are working on this feature, unfortunately cannot provide any estimations on the release date.

4. You can export the shapes from the Metashape project as a .geojson and then import them into the cloud. Automatic publication of shape from Metashape project is not yet planned because it may be confusing to have two independent editable version of one data both in local Metashape project and in the one on the cloud.

5. We are working on this feature, unfortunately cannot provide any estimations on the release date.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

flyzk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 08:55:16 PM »
Thanks for answer.

1) About embed, it would  be nice to have a third kind of embed in which the shape draw by guests are saved.

2) for each shape, it would be nice to save a 3d view, in order to be generated in the Pdf report.

3) for pdf report it would be nice to save a view to fill the 1rst intro page.

4) profil : in case there is no Dem, the profil should at less use the tiled model : Best would be to decide the source.

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 06:23:47 PM »
Hello,

1) About embed, it would  be nice to have a third kind of embed in which the shape draw by guests are saved.
While cooperative editing features in our roadmap, we suppose that it is not secure to allow editing of publicly accessible projects: projects shared via the link and embedded projects.

2) for each shape, it would be nice to save a 3d view, in order to be generated in the Pdf report.
This feature is planned, but is still in the design stage.

3) for pdf report it would be nice to save a view to fill the 1rst intro page.
We are working on this feature. Most likely project preview will be generated each time you save the default point of view via the Scene Setting menu.

> 4) profil : in case there is no Dem, the profil should at less use the tiled model : Best would be to decide the source.
This feature is planned, but is still in the early design stage.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

flyzk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 08:41:13 PM »
About the embed, that s is why a third kind of embed, with a random number in the link would solve the security issue. This kind of embed link is only used in private app/extranet and the security is already managed by us.

flyzk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 12:38:16 AM »
We would also need to rename a project into the cloud.

About roadmap, cloud is oriented customer/client... would be nice to have a view of what and when features would be released, in order to anticipate deals and proposals with our customers.

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 05:57:54 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions regarding platform functionality.

The Project's renaming feature is on the way, you may expect it to be released in a few weeks.

As for the product roadmap - unfortunately it is intended for internal usage only.

Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

flyzk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 11:29:48 PM »
Hi,

Would be nice to also be able to delete some file imported from agisoft : I realized I imported tie point by mistake, and now the tie point (useless) is loaded. What can I do to remove it? start to load again the project and publish again? It took almost 24h to publish tiled model of 15go.... so, start again from scratch is a bit boring :-(
but maybe there is another simpler way to manage this kind of case?

Another case is: since I uploaded my tiled model and photos, I aligned few more photos into desktop project. I would like to import this new photos into the cloud project (already published) in order to use them with inspection feature : is there a way to do it ?

About inspection : we would need to be able to annotate some picture and display them into the pdf report and a csv file (export).

About shape : would be nice to display shape into inspection photos, and match some picture to the shape in order to show into the PDF report both 3D view (selected for the shape) and also the picture with the shape (selected for this shape) display on it.

About embed : it would be nice to give an access to ONLY shape editing from a embed ==> I understand that editing a whole project can be dangerous, but ONLY shape seems to be ok.
Also, the best thing would be to give the hand to the admin to decide to lock or unlock some layers in order to allow or not allow others users to edit. and also the ability to hide or to display a layer / file for others users.

About orientation : it usefull for roof inspection : the rule could be to find the orientation between 2 lasts vertex.

About processing priority : it took almost 24h to publish a tiled model 15go : would be nice to have a priority processing for guys using Agisoft licence : we could enter in our cloud account our licence key in order to get the priority.

About orthomosaic: do you plan to let us import lighter format like jpg2000 ? would be more efficient.

About rasters : would be nice to have an option to add a date to a raster, in order to display (using a timeline/ sidebar) a specific raster depending of its date, in order to compare BEFORE/AFTER (for orthomosaic, DEM, but could also be usefull for shape and tiled model)

About presentation : would be nice to let us write description in html in order to style our presentation and to display pictures.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 11:47:01 PM by flyzk »

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 03:34:13 PM »
Hello,

Would be nice to also be able to delete some file imported from agisoft : I realized I imported tie point by mistake, and now the tie point (useless) is loaded. What can I do to remove it? start to load again the project and publish again? It took almost 24h to publish tiled model of 15go.... so, start again from scratch is a bit boring :-(
but maybe there is another simpler way to manage this kind of case?

It is not available to unpublish or delete processing results via the cloud interface because it may cause inconsistency between the local project version and the cloud one and lead to confusion. As a workaround we can recommend you to export desired processing results and than uploaded into the cloud as dataset, instead of uploading the whole .psx project.

Another case is: since I uploaded my tiled model and photos, I aligned few more photos into desktop project. I would like to import this new photos into the cloud project (already published) in order to use them with inspection feature : is there a way to do it ?

We are working on automatic project publication update on every change including the upload of the updated projects version, but now you have to upload the update project version into the cloud, unpublish it and publish again.

About inspection : we would need to be able to annotate some picture and display them into the pdf report and a csv file (export).

We are working on it. We expect to release this feature in the first quarter of 2023.

About shape : would be nice to display shape into inspection photos, and match some picture to the shape in order to show into the PDF report both 3D view (selected for the shape) and also the picture with the shape (selected for this shape) display on it.

Not yet included into the road map, but we will consider this feature as I said before.

About embed : it would be nice to give an access to ONLY shape editing from a embed ==> I understand that editing a whole project can be dangerous, but ONLY shape seems to be ok.
Also, the best thing would be to give the hand to the admin to decide to lock or unlock some layers in order to allow or not allow others users to edit. and also the ability to hide or to display a layer / file for others users.

Thanks for your suggestions, we will consider your use case when working on collaborative editing.

About orientation : it useful for roof inspection : the rule could be to find the orientation between 2 lasts vertex.

Thanks for your suggestion. We will think about this.

About processing priority : it took almost 24h to publish a tiled model 15go : would be nice to have a priority processing for guys using Agisoft licence : we could enter in our cloud account our licence key in order to get the priority.

We are continuously working on processing and publication performance improvements, hope you will notice the progress over time.

About orthomosaic: do you plan to let us import lighter format like jpg2000 ? would be more efficient.

Not yet planned.

About rasters : would be nice to have an option to add a date to a raster, in order to display (using a timeline/ sidebar) a specific raster depending of its date, in order to compare BEFORE/AFTER (for orthomosaic, DEM, but could also be usefull for shape and tiled model)

Working on it, stay tuned for the updates.

About presentation : would be nice to let us write description in html in order to style our presentation and to display pictures.

Thanks for your suggestion. We will think about this.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

flyzk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 11:22:04 PM »
nice answer thanks !
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 11:25:12 PM by flyzk »