Forum

Author Topic: Texture built from dense cloud  (Read 2069 times)

Rony

• View Profile
Texture built from dense cloud
« on: November 07, 2022, 10:05:15 AM »
Hey all!

I am having a problem with the result I get after building the texture of the project I am working on.

First of all, I have no cameras (photos), because I directly imported to Metashape the dense cloud (file with e57 format) that I exported from Autodesk Recap. The project had been scanned with a laser scanner, so there is no camera used.

After spending some time to build the mesh, I moved to building texture phase. When finished, the result is just a white texture for the entire project. The problem is that I couldn't pick but the occlusal map... Diffuse map was unavailable, probably because there was no cameras imported.

My question is, how can I give the real texture to the project, especially that I cannot select diffuse map option.

Regards,

Rony

Bzuco

• View Profile
Re: Texture built from dense cloud
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 11:35:16 AM »
Hi,

you can use Meshlab program to transfer point colors to texture.
In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKKmJdsk7Tg   is similar technique used - transfer point color to mesh vertex.

For transfering point colors to mesh texture you would need this workflow:
1. export dense cloud and mesh and import them in meshlab
...save project somewhere on disk
2. select mesh layer and from top menu apply filters:
   a: Texture - Parametrization:Trivial Per-Triangle...this step is not needed if you can provide UV unwarapping in apps like 3dsmax/blender/rizomUV/...
   b: Texture - Convert PerWedge UV into PerVertex UV
   c: Texture - Per Vertex Texture Function
   d: Texture - transfer vertex attributes to texture...select point cloud as source and mesh as target, also texture file name and resolution
3. select mesh layer and export it as obj model, you can set also texture file name