Forum

Author Topic: meshed LIDAR texture from LIDAR COLOR  (Read 3741 times)

Paulov

• View Profile
meshed LIDAR texture from LIDAR COLOR
« on: November 19, 2022, 02:02:32 AM »
II'm sure it is logical in a photogrammetry software taht the main data input be photos, but with the new LIDAR import hability, you may be able to import already coloured clouds from which the photos used to colorized you may not have. I was meshing a dataset tile and I found that I could not create texture form the dense cloud and I feel its lacking this feature.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: meshed LIDAR texture from LIDAR COLOR
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 12:28:11 PM »
Hello Paulov,

You can build the mesh model with the vertex colors and then use Model as a source for the texture generation procedure (instead of default "Images" option) - it will allow to bake the mesh vertex colors to the texture.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 10:02:48 AM »
Dear Alexey,

we were able to extract all panoramas in Cyclone out of the TLS pointcloud and use those for texturing and orthophoto generation in Metashape. Would be nice if this would be a feature of Metashape.

Best regards

Kiesel

Paulov

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 03:12:24 PM »
Hello Paulov,

You can build the mesh model with the vertex colors and then use Model as a source for the texture generation procedure (instead of default "Images" option) - it will allow to bake the mesh vertex colors to the texture.

Apologies, I did not receive notification.

It is great to know it is possible that way. BUT, I think there must be a glitch in the vertex colro generation. I noticed this when testing the beta. Some areas appear like blurry, and strangely it takes forever to compute.

I'll prepare some sample as how it looks with 2.5D meshing in cloud compare and how it looks running the mesh workblow in metashape.

Paulov

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 03:46:39 PM »
Hello Paulov,

Hello again Alexey,

I've captured an screenshot of the issue.

https://i.postimg.cc/X7rMbB8C/meshing-blur.png

The mesh is computed with the maximun quality.

Paulov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 03:56:04 PM »