Forum

Author Topic: Standard Panorama stich  (Read 1310 times)

bruno.camp

• View Profile
Standard Panorama stich
« on: November 25, 2022, 09:31:49 PM »
Hi everyone,
did you know if i could align, litterally, align pics at the same way that photomerge use on adobe suite?
i take photo of a big area with similar technique that used on panorama stich, so, with big difference.
when i shoot for panorama stich drone is in hovering on a fixed point and you rotate camera.
when i shoot photgrammetry instead drone translate on right or left way, i know that you understand,  :)
so adobe suite not recognize translating on panorama stich, and not assembling anything.
could metashape resolve my bug without generate mesh and model only but using "build panorama" or something else ?

big area have a fantastic clear sky and there's not way to capture again.

thanks to everyone

Kiesel

• View Profile
Re: Standard Panorama stich
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:45:22 AM »
Hi bruno.camp,

search in the help of Metashape for the term 'station', you'll find:

Building panorama
Metashape is capable of panorama stitching for images taken from the same camera position - camera station. To indicate for the software that loaded images have been taken from one camera station, one should move those photos to a camera group and assign Camera Station type to it. For information on camera groups refer to Loading images to the project section.

To build panorama

1. Select the Build Panorama command from the Workflow menu.
2. Setting parameters for building panorama in the Build Panorama dialog.
3. Click OK button for starting generate panorama.
4. The progress dialog box will appear displaying the current processing status. To cancel processing click Cancel button

You might have a look at this tutorial too:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000148830-spherical-panoramas-generation-

Regards

Kiesel
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:28:25 PM by Kiesel »

bruno.camp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 07:57:54 PM »
Hi Kiesel,
thanks for your fast reply,
i'm so sorry but pics doesn't have taken with panroama spherical cam, but with a standard "frame", like X5S from Dji.   
Yes, we have read manual, but not haven't found what i'm looking for.
i don't know if i can apply your process to standard frame camera, but i dont think because menuis always empty.
do i made a mistake?

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 10:05:52 AM »
Hi bruno.camp,

in the tutorial I have linked in my last post is also a link to sample data. These sample data are from a rectilinear frame camera, so yes it is possible and it's purpose to use such camera to make a panorama.

But for an aerial panorama without keypoints in the sky, you need to give Metashape a little help by importing the directions the photos are made. To use template based stitching is possible in such programms like PTGUI. Those panoramas can be imported in Metashape.

Best regards,

Kiesel
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:53:24 AM by Kiesel »