Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Cloud Feature Requests  (Read 6096 times)

Ilya Shevelev

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
Agisoft Cloud Feature Requests
« on: December 05, 2022, 02:53:08 PM »
Dear users,

We would like to hear from you on what features, tools and options do you lack in Agisoft Cloud platform.

Feel free to use this topic for your considerations on the platform functionality and any other feedback.

If you have no particular feature request but want to rate the platform we would appreciate it if you take a short survey on your experience with the platform so we can continue improving it with regard to your feedback.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 10:41:15 PM by Ilya Shevelev »
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

flyzk

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Cloud Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 11:03:44 PM »
- API : need to be able to get data of vector by clicking on vector ==> should be free for a certain amount of request and we could pay for more usage requests.
- role in embeded link : user need to be able to save his shape
- role : account admin should be able to give role, access, display/hide layer for users/roles
- import / export DXF
- display shape in picture (in inspection feature)
- orientation azimuth of polyline
- 3D area measurement
- 3D volume calculation
- editing / renaming projects
- color palette for DEM
- AI analyzing/counting processing (plant, PV, car, etc.)  : could be charged like other processing (per month)
- drawing : snap on vertex/ detect plane surface by using parameters like "tolerence" for quick draw
- presentation : add photo, html into the presentation slides windows
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 11:10:15 PM by flyzk »

flyzk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 07:29:10 AM »
hello,

Would be nice to have an update here about changelog for every new update.
thanks

SFL_Beda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 05:12:25 PM »

• Folder structure for the projects
  • Allow to change the order of the drawn shapes in the list and when exported to Geojson.
    I use exported geojsons to postprocess results and the order of operations is important. At the moment I have to change the order manually in the .geojson file which is annoying.
  • I use the cloud as a viewer/annotation tool. I will never process things there. Therefore the following things would be nice:
  • Allow the selective upload of results (for example only the tiledmodel or only a pointcloud. This saves a lot of time and space.
  • The tool where you can find a point in the pictures is very cool, however once again having all photos in full resolution and quality is just a wast of space and bandwith. It would be cool to be able to upload downscaled versions for this purpose.

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 12:51:51 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are working on folders implementation but it is still hard to estimate the release date.

Can you please provide more details on why drawn shapes order is crucial for your application? From what you’ve said we can suggest you add some property to every shape, let's say “order”  and set the value accordingly so on the post-processing stage you can sort shapes by that property value and do what is needed afterwards.

To spare storage space you can upload required processing results instead of uploading the whole .psx project. To do that you have to export required processing results as files in common format, create a new project in the cloud and upload the exported files via web interface.

As for the project images - they are being preserved in the cloud in order to be able to run new processing. But as you correctly note some use cases do not include performing processing in the cloud. We will take your suggestion into account during the further development.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 02:05:42 PM by Ilya Shevelev »
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

SFL_Beda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 01:14:36 PM »
Hi Ilya, thanks for your answer

Can you please provide more details on why drawn shapes order is crucial for your application?

Our usecase is creating an obstacle map for autonomous uav operation. We need to be able to insert obstacles that are not processed properly by the photogrammetry (trees, antennas etc.).
    So what we do is define boolean operations with shapes that then get added in a post-processing script. The order of those operations changes the outcome.
    I also thought about the property but have decided that it is not intuitive enough as you need to constantly keep track of all the different shapes.
    So far we have used pix4dcloud which allows you to reorder the annotations by click and dragging.
    Telling the people involved that the "new" workflow is less flexible/more complicated is a hard sell.
  • For saving bandwidth/cloud storage I have written a script which saves a temporary copy of the document which contains only the required data and then uploads that to the cloud. However I still think this would be a capability to have natively
  • For the project images I have actually found out that I can replace the images after processing with a downscaled and compressed version and then upload the project, this works flawlessly when using the python standalone module even though the GUI complains when you try it. Please don't "fix" this without adding an official alternative ;-)
  • One last suggestion:
    It would be cool to be able to trigger the publishing process in the cloud from the python module. I have now written a script that does all the processing, space saving, uploading to the cloud etc. but I still have to publish the dataset manually in the end which is a bummer

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2023, 11:58:23 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for describing your use case in detail. We will take your request on geometries reordering into account during further development but considering the development plan we cannot promise to release this feature anytime soon.

As for the ability to upload only selected processing results from Metashape to the Cloud and to trigger the publication via the API call, we are working on those features, please stay tuned for the updates.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

jaja6009

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2023, 09:18:14 AM »
I think a great addition would be for allowing links to outside data such as 360 panoramas (Momento360 etc), interior modeling (Matterport etc) and also links to files (floor plans, engineer plans, videos).
Or maybe support embedding the above into our cloud projects.

Also it would be nice if we could have a larger choice of points such as other symbols or the ability to import and use our own symbols.

Thank you.

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 11:35:29 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

At the moment you can add the link to a third party resource as geometry property value, the downside here is it will be displayed as a plain text you or other people viewing the project need to copy and paste into the browser address bar.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 05:02:11 PM »
Hello,

We just released the feature fulfilling your request.

When there is a valid link in a property value, it it's properties pane on the right, next to the property values there is a button allowing you to open the link in a new tab,

As for the ability to reorder geometries it is on the way and we plan to release it in coming weeks.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 03:51:27 PM »
A small update. Last week we released the feature allowing to reorder geometries in their parent vector layers.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC