Forum

Author Topic: Time to build tiled model jumps significant if I change texture precision  (Read 740 times)

ilia

• View Profile
Hi all,

I'm playing around with Tiled model generation for a big project.
And I've noticed that having for an example 3mm precision instead of 5mm precision significantly increase the computation time. Like it makes it 4 times slower.

I generate Tiled Model from mesh. And from what I observe most of the time Metashape spends selecting cameras. At this stage:
Processing window [144, 48, 16] - [160, 64, 32]
filtered 2812 cameras by frustrum and 549 by depth out of 3446
selected 85 cameras in 359.183 sec
And during this stage it loads CPU on 100%

Are there any ways to speed up the process? Or maybe to get a sense how long it will take? Maybe by making tiled model less granular I will have it faster (with different Tile size, for an example)?

Maybe there are some jump in complexity if you select texture precision below some value when you have scene with objects at various distance from the camera (I have ground data and areal data merged in the same model)?

ilia

• View Profile
Re: Time to build tiled model jumps significant if I change texture precision
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 06:20:53 PM »
Random guess -- Metashape voxelize reconstruction region. And when texture precision goes 2 times higher it means that taking into account 3 axes it will have 8 times more voxels in Tiled model.
Voxel here is just the way to describe tiled wrapping.