Forum

Author Topic: Panoramas are cropped around 45 degrees down  (Read 1804 times)

ManyPixels

• View Profile
Panoramas are cropped around 45 degrees down
« on: December 14, 2022, 07:06:02 PM »
When I generate panoramic images, although the preview shows me that my images cover the ground up to plus or minus 10 degrees above nadir, the generated image is cut off at around 45 degrees above nadir (it's indeed filled up with nothing, export is in format 2:1).

This is very annoying because the images are correctly aligned and this area also contains correct tie points. The tripod and other technical elements are visible and not part of the scene, but it does not matter because for analysis purposes I need to see this area.

Is there a solution to handle this problem? I specify that I cannot use the "setup boundaries" function because in any case it will not solve my problem (and it outputs the same cropped image). I have to generate a lot of panoramas and this option is not available in the batch process tool. I take this opportunity to also say that the layout, name and availability of settings between batch and standard use should be harmonized! Another example is that it is sometimes possible to export data in precise CRS via the batch but not via the standard functions... It is always divination...

Anyway I have to export images in 2:1 format, so impossible to output cropped images, I need the full area.
Thanks in advance !

ManyPixels

• View Profile
Panoramas are cropped around 45 degrees down
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 12:41:08 PM »
When I generate panoramic images, although the preview shows me that my images cover the ground up to plus or minus 10 degrees above nadir, the generated image is cut off at around 45 degrees above nadir (it's indeed filled up with nothing, export is in format 2:1).

This is very annoying because the images are correctly aligned and this area also contains correct tie points. The tripod and other technical elements are visible and not part of the scene, but it does not matter because for analysis purposes I need to see this area.

Is there a solution to handle this problem? I specify that I cannot use the "setup boundaries" function because in any case it will not solve my problem (and it outputs the same cropped image). I have to generate a lot of panoramas and this option is not available in the batch process tool. I take this opportunity to also say that the layout, name and availability of settings between batch and standard use should be harmonized! Another example is that it is sometimes possible to export data in precise CRS via the batch but not via the standard functions... It is always divination...

Anyway I have to export images in 2:1 format, so impossible to output cropped images, I need the full area.
Thanks in advance !

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Panoramas are cropped around 45 degrees down
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 05:15:22 PM »
Hello ManyPixels,

Can you share the project with aligned cameras (set as camera station) in PSZ format to support@agisoft.com? Also please specify, what version of Metashape you are using and provide additional screenshot (via email or post them here) demonstrating the problem and showing the parameters that you are using for export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ManyPixels

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 05:49:14 PM »
Hello,

I tried many things this afternoon, then I realized that the machine used still had version 1.8.3. So I updated to 1.8.4 and the issue seems to be fixed.

In any case, it would be nice to detail a little more the bug fixes applied between versions in the changelog, even if this case was not one of them. In this case I had looked if anything had been changed between 1.8.4 and 2.0.0, but if it had been marked somewhere lower I would have seen it.

Thank you anyway for your feedback. I did not find how to delete the duplicate post in "general", but I will specify in response to the latter that on version 1.8.4 the problem was not noticed.

ManyPixels

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 05:50:51 PM »
In case it helps anyone, the problem appeared on version 1.8.3. On version 1.8.4, the problem is solved.