Forum

Author Topic: Filtering point cloud requires multiple selections  (Read 878 times)

peterwatson

• View Profile
Filtering point cloud requires multiple selections
« on: December 19, 2022, 11:16:11 AM »
I am trying to delete or classify "non-ground" areas in my point cloud. Basically need to delete any points from vehicles, buildings, construction materials etc ie. I want a DTM not a DEM.
Usually I run the point cloud "classify ground" tool to get rid of most of the obvious points, but it still leaves a lot of points which screw up the resultant mesh or DEM output.

So then I go through and select areas with polygons and either delete or classify as "man-made object " etc but find this still leaves residual points that don't get deleted or re-classified so I need to perform this procedure 2 or sometimes 3 times on each area.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a more efficient way to get rid of these unwanted points and give me a quicker ground surface?

thanks

peterwatson

• View Profile
Re: Filtering point cloud requires multiple selections
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 03:28:19 AM »
I think I worked this out.

Under selection drop down ther is an option for "Visible selection" - if that is ticked on it doesn't seem to select all the points within polygon. Turn this option off and it selects everything within polygon

Kiesel

• View Profile
Re: Filtering point cloud requires multiple selections
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 09:47:15 AM »
Peterwatson yes if 'Visible selection' is ticked on, only the visible and not the points behind them are selected. This option is on by default, but Agisoft will change that.

Alexey has answered in another thread:
We will make sure that Visible Selection is unchecked by default in the next version updates.

Kiesel