Forum

Author Topic: List of points within dense point cloud  (Read 1156 times)

Jordan Pierce

• View Profile
List of points within dense point cloud
« on: December 19, 2022, 08:55:53 PM »
How can one obtain a list (or np array) of points within the dense point cloud using the Metashape API? I can see that points within the sparse point cloud can be accessed, as well as the vertices of the mesh. From the dense point cloud you can get the point count, and select using a filter, but how would you get access to the points to change an attribute like the color?

Jordan

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: List of points within dense point cloud
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 06:21:46 PM »
Hello Jordan,

Dense point cloud points are not accessible via API now. The workaround is to export the dense cloud, apply modification externally and import it back.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Jordan Pierce

• View Profile
Re: List of points within dense point cloud
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 07:39:26 PM »
Hello Jordan,

Dense point cloud points are not accessible via API now. The workaround is to export the dense cloud, apply modification externally and import it back.

Thanks Alexey,

Following this path, is there a way to use selectbycolor using conditional logical to select multiple sets of point clouds based on their color? Using the GUI I can use the tool to select one set of point clouds at a time, however, I'd like to select multiple sets, and export just those sets (as opposed to the whole thing), make edits on those sets, and then import them back to the project to overwrite the existing points.

Jordan